PDA

View Full Version : New kid in town

Basslad
02-02-2012, 09:46 AM
Greetings from Toronto, I'm just another middle-aged amateur with more gear than talent. Let's see..., got Fender Precision bass and Rumble 350 combo amp. Yes, I know it's an overkill, but men love their toys.

Actually, I came here via L&MG (Learn & Master Guitar - same idea as TMBG, by the way). They had L&M Bass Guitar for a while, but by the time I decided to add bass, it was discontinued. Found TMBG but hesitated for months, until someone on L&MG forum mentioned TMBG. I took a harder look at it this time, and decided to go for it.

I'm into the second lesson and enjoying it big time. I'd recommend both courses without thinking twice. As for me, I just wish to become a half-decent; decent maybe; bass player, be able to jam along with some tracks, and make music for my own and family's enjoyment.

Glad to be here,

Basslad

ArtLiestman
02-02-2012, 10:13 AM
Welcome to the party, Basslad!

Elmeaux
02-02-2012, 11:44 AM
Welcome, Basslad. I think you've made the right choice in getting TMBG. Good luck.

Rumble 350, eh? Scare the neighbours much?

Basslad
02-02-2012, 12:25 PM
Scared myself once when I turned the volume half way up. No, I try to be a nice guy and use the headphones most of the time.

thunderman
02-02-2012, 02:07 PM
Hey, Basslad - Good to have you with us! I have it on good authority that the folks at The Learning Dock (producers of TMBG) are the same ones who produced L&M Guitar for Legacy Learning Systems! True!

Basslad
02-02-2012, 03:59 PM
Hey, Thunderman - thank you for a warm welcome, and good for the producers, they surely have another hit!

Basslad
02-02-2012, 04:02 PM
Hello British Columbia - thank you for your welcome, Art.

DONNIE B
02-02-2012, 06:34 PM
welcome basslad you have made a great move to come over with us . a great bunch of people here always willing to help if you need it . lots of fun. i had some good times in TORONTO , BACK IN THE 80S , HAD a lot of good times at the CNE and base ball games . and a lot of fishing all over Ontario. again welcome to the ROW. OH I LIVED IN BUFFALO NY. 11YRS

Ditto
02-02-2012, 06:42 PM
Welcome to the ROW OF THUNDER!!!!!!!

Basslad
02-03-2012, 08:17 PM
Thanks to Donnie & Ditto for their welcome notes. I don't want to drag the introductory thread for too long, but I don't want anybody to feel ignored, either. Nothing like a great bottom end so let's play bass!

jerickson
02-04-2012, 03:59 PM
Welcome Basslad!