PDA

View Full Version : Another "Vintage" TMBG owner.

70eb3gibby
02-03-2012, 06:37 AM
From the northwest, I'm Craig. I'm a "vintage" person who has owned TMBG now for some few, or several months and digging every lesson. I've got a four different basses that I use, at least until one of them "feels just right". I've played drums (an old Rogers kit) for the second time these last ten years, and always wanted to learn a stringed instrument. I've heard it said many times, that the natural progression for a drummer learning a stringed instrument is to play bass. So........here I am.

Because of my "vintage" status, the music I grew up with has always been in the forefront, and at the end of my sticks. I look forward to laying down bass in that music.

I have to say that Roys TMBG is THE most comprehensive, focused, complete compilation of instruction I have ever seen....Period!! It leaves nothing to the imagination, at least not from behind my eyeballs!

I'm Jazzed to be a part of all of this! So............to Roy......Much Respect Man! And, Thank You for everything you've done to help me realize that I Can do this!!

Later.

line6bassman
02-03-2012, 07:13 AM
Welcome TO TR!

Line6bassman

ArtLiestman
02-03-2012, 07:22 AM
Glad to have you with us. You'll find the forum to be a useful part of the course and a lot of fun, too.

Bassix
02-03-2012, 07:40 AM
From one drummer to another - Welcome, Craig!

Elmeaux
02-03-2012, 09:35 AM
Welcome Craig. Glad to hear you're enjoying the course. The forum is at your disposal.

:D

TobiasMan
02-03-2012, 12:01 PM
Welcome Craig!

Don't worry about the "vintage" tag, there's lots of us here. :)

TMBG can be a 1 to 2 year program, but the beauty of it is that Roy is always there, patiently waiting to run you through something you're not getting just right!

Enjoy

DONNIE B
02-03-2012, 12:52 PM
Welcome Craig nice to have you here .This the best place. all the people hear are first class . if you need help just ask . if they don;t know the will point you in the right direction the forum and blogs are a lot of help also. so welcome and have fun

Basslad
02-03-2012, 08:41 PM
Welcome Craig. Agree with your TMBG assessment. My uncle was a drummer. Always wondered about the hand/foot coordination. It's hard to imagine a band without a drummer and a bassist.

70eb3gibby
02-04-2012, 04:08 AM
Man! Thank all of you for the cool welcome! I've actually looked at this site many times, but always a little leary about putting in my two cents worth. I think I like to do just like a quote from Will Rogers, "I never pass up an opportunity to shut up". lol lol. I just seem to absorb a little more, and it gives my grey matter a better chance to digest stuff.

Thanks again for the welcome! Man..........there's some Really Good bassists here!

jerickson
02-04-2012, 04:01 PM
HAHA!!! I like the "vintage" tag....Welcome, 70eb3gibby!