PDA

View Full Version : Why I love the bass

TroyJames
02-10-2012, 07:22 PM
It just occured to me that in my video I said a curse word. Not sure what the policy is but just on general principle I want to take the link down. Sorry

ArtLiestman
02-10-2012, 07:47 PM
Cool! I like your troglodyte dance moves, too! :)

Elmeaux
02-10-2012, 07:51 PM
It just occured to me that in my video I said a curse word. Not sure what the policy is but just on general principle I want to take the link down. Sorry

Well, we try to keep it clean, but we also know things slip out. We've posted some adult stuff on here in the past. Is the word really loud? Does it make a huge impression?

TroyJames
02-10-2012, 08:36 PM
No, it's a minor(?) slip at the end. Just don't want to offend. I'll send you the link via PM and you can decide.
Haha, thanks Art! I have alot of fun playing that song.

photogdude
02-10-2012, 08:48 PM
shoot, i always miss the good stuff

Elmeaux
02-10-2012, 09:04 PM
Okay, I've seen it. The boo-boo is not during the song - it's after it's over and he's turning off the playback.

I've asked if he can clip it short or insert a second of dead air when it happens.

Barring that, I think I'm still going to OK it for public viewing...with a disclaimer that it has a boo-boo at about 3:42, so folks can govern themselves accordingly. Cover the kids' ears, etc.

Troy...see what you can do about clipping it, but if it is what it is...just post it with a disclaimer.

It's just a great song. I remember when we were discussing it.

Can you play that riff with a pick?

Elmeaux
02-10-2012, 09:07 PM
Cool! I like your troglodyte dance moves, too! :)

It's a beastly bass number...and the man can DANCE!!

PS...singer Jimmy Castor died about three weeks ago. RIP, man. Good music = eternity.

TroyJames
02-10-2012, 10:23 PM
Ok, thanks Elmeaux. I think I might have got it fixed. Found the video editor on the youtube, learned something new :D
Anyways, for better or worse, here it is again
http://youtu.be/trcSSaULV8w

p.s. if I didn't get it fixed, sorry for the cussin

TroyJames
02-10-2012, 10:30 PM
I remember. You are the one who turned me on to this song. Can't believe I missed it all these years! I play it with a pick most times but on this version I hear that he is playing the bass line differently so I went with the finger style.

Elmeaux
02-10-2012, 10:36 PM
Ok, thanks Elmeaux. I think I might have got it fixed. Found the video editor on the youtube, learned something new :D
Anyways, for better or worse, here it is again
http://youtu.be/trcSSaULV8w

p.s. if I didn't get it fixed, sorry for the cussin

LOL...it's still there...not to worry. It's not very loud...

Great video!

TroyJames
02-10-2012, 11:16 PM
Thanks Elmeaux :)

line6bassman
02-10-2012, 11:25 PM
go head!!!!! Dude!!! you need to find yourself a band!!! I feel it!!! You got the moves!!!!

TobiasMan
02-11-2012, 12:13 PM
Great groove and some nice moves to boot! :cool:

TroyJames
02-11-2012, 02:04 PM
Thanks guys. Sometimes when I'm playing I forget about the bass I'm "supposed" to be playing haha. Hopng that with more experience I will be able to do that and have the autopilot kick in.
Line6, I'd like to try playing on a stage at least once but the prospects are pretty slim around here. Never can tell though!

DONNIE B
02-11-2012, 07:35 PM
TROYJAMES That is so very very cool loved it and the song.good work. like the man said ride on. you might want to keep the sound down just a little to keep all them cave women from trying to socket to you.keep it up i will start to call you DADDY;O NICE WORK

Rubbersoul
02-11-2012, 10:51 PM
You're in there Troy, you've got the groove, like your work. I agree with Line6, you need to get the band together.:cool: