PDA

View Full Version : Hello from sadams

sadams
02-11-2012, 03:48 PM
No relation to Saddam. :cool:
I am of mid-vintage (late 50s) and played drums in bands years (and years) ago, but recently got the itch to play bass. So I have gotten myself a bass, taken a couple of weeks off work, and started in on the course. Enjoying it so far, and cruising the tips threads in the forum to try and learn from others.
So this is my first post.

thunderman
02-11-2012, 05:38 PM
How about Sam Adams! Welcome from someone else who remembers 3-channel TV (Ah, the good ol' days!). I know you're going to love TMBG. What's your weapon of choice? (Mine's an Ibanez 4-string).

ArtLiestman
02-11-2012, 06:45 PM
Welcome to the Row. You'll have a good time here.

Basslad
02-11-2012, 06:46 PM
The best course, the best place! I also remember the good old days. I even remember no TV. Welcome Sadams.

Elmeaux
02-11-2012, 07:12 PM
Hello, sadams! Glad you're enjoying yourself! Good luck with the course!

DONNIE B
02-11-2012, 07:20 PM
welcome to the ROW a real fun place to be you will meet really good people. well have fun and welcome

sadams
02-11-2012, 07:43 PM
Weapon of choice is a Rickenbacker 4003 - I like it because it is really light on the shoulder for a bass. And... oh yeah, it sounds great!
S

sadams
02-11-2012, 07:49 PM
Oh, and thunderman, I grew up in England, where we only had 2 channel TV for the longest time. Now that I have about 3000, there's still only around 3 that are worth watching.:rolleyes:

SilverFlame46
02-12-2012, 06:44 AM
Welcome, sadams. Glade to have you aboard and good luck with your lessons!!!

sadams
02-12-2012, 09:28 AM
Thanks for the welcome everyone! (Driving up my post count here.)

line6bassman
02-12-2012, 06:37 PM
Weapon of choice is a Rickenbacker 4003 - I like it because it is really light on the shoulder for a bass. And... oh yeah, it sounds great!
S

OOPs!! Should have not said Rickenbacker!!! By the way anybody seen Bruce around here lately?? I have to see and check on Bruce if he is all right and still alive are what. OH!! Yea!! Welcome to the Row my bass friend!! (sadams) If you don't know why I said Should have not said Rickenbacker!!! You can check out this link. http://www.thunderrow.com/showthread.php?3210-Is-it-the-real-thing-Challenge!!-Baby!! I need to drop Bruce an email and see if he's still OK on the challenge. So if for some reason Bruce can't do this I have my nephew who actually played bass for my friends group for a little while (MUTEMATH) who has a Rick bass and is willing to do this if Bruce can't are doesn't have time for it. And Sadams after looking at the link, if you might be interest in doing the challenge if Bruce can't are just doesn't have time for it after I check on him, let me know? But no pressure on this, I would like to keep this within
our family of bass players here if I can. Thanks!!

Line6bassman

sadams
02-14-2012, 12:48 PM
OOPs!! Should have not said Rickenbacker!!!

Line6bassman

Interesting challenge - I would be interested to know if others with more experience than me can tell the difference.
I have just always admired the Rick right from when I was a youngster playing drums, and I love the slim body... y'know, the feel of it in my hands. (Now hang on a minute there, this is starting to sound suggestive!:eek:)
So... I'm not ready to trade it in just yet.:)

Elmeaux
02-14-2012, 01:51 PM
By the way anybody seen Bruce around here lately??

Haven't heard from him. :(

line6bassman
02-14-2012, 07:17 PM
Interesting challenge - I would be interested to know if others with more experience than me can tell the difference.
I have just always admired the Rick right from when I was a youngster playing drums, and I love the slim body... y'know, the feel of it in my hands. (Now hang on a minute there, this is starting to sound suggestive!:eek:)
So... I'm not ready to trade it in just yet.:)

Well if this does and when it happens no matter how it happens that's the idea, the songs by my line6 Variax set to Rick bass and who ever else records the songs with the real Rick then everyone here has to see if they can tell which one is the real Rickenbacker bass. And of coarse no one is suppose to know who recorded which songs. But I am getting ant-see here?? I going to give it just a little more time and see what happens with Bruce and if doesn't happen I'll see if my nephew can do the songs for me with his Rick.
Like I said (sadams) if you want to try it you can PM me with you Email and I'll send you the music without the bass and the sheet music with tabs. Remember NO PRESSURE I have a way to do this if not. So here's the 2 songs again just in-case anyone else in interested and has a Rick. Like I said I'll give it a short time more and then I'll see what I can do.

Line6bassman

sadams
02-14-2012, 08:03 PM
Like I said (sadams) if you want to try it you can PM me with you Email

Line6bassman

I tried, but you need to clear some space for new PMs:rolleyes:

line6bassman
02-14-2012, 08:26 PM
I tried, but you need to clear some space for new PMs:rolleyes:

OK, I'll check into that are pm you my em.

sadams
02-26-2012, 03:16 PM
Question: (Perhaps Line6Bassman should know the answer??) I have a small Line6 LD15 amp/speaker combo as a practice amp. It has 4 buttons on the front to select preset effects, labelled "clean", "R&B", "Rock" and "Grind". What seems very odd to me is that the "Clean" sound clearly is not clean - there is some kind of phase shifted reverb type effect on it - flange or something. The "R&B" sound, in contrast, sounds completely clean to me. Could they have wired up the buttons wrongly, or is there something about effects that I don't understand?

Perhaps I should be posting in the amplifier thread, but I'm here now.

barricwiley
02-28-2012, 06:44 AM
Welcome sadams!

Husker72
03-06-2012, 09:39 PM
Welcome aboard!