PDA

View Full Version : Hello

colder
02-25-2012, 08:38 PM
Hi - new student here. I am 32, I live in the Minneapolis / St. Paul area though I am originally from Kansas City.

I started playing guitar a few years ago, but while browsing craigslist I saw an ad for one of those Squier bass starter packages for $100. I couldn't resist so I bought it, and then after working with that I found myself enjoying bass quite a bit. Then I put the bass down for a while but I wanted to start up again recently and I found a nice used Precision Bass for sale, so I picked that up and this course was recommended to me by a friend, so here I am.

I think my heart lies here rather than with electric guitar, which I enjoy, but something about bass is drawing me in more. My short term goal is to have fun and learn every day. My medium term goal is to finish this course and perform in the worship ensemble at church. My long term goal is to have my obituary in Bass Player. (Just kidding - sort of!) :p

Hope to enjoy meeting with all of you and learning from you and this fine instrument.

Elmeaux
02-25-2012, 09:55 PM
Welcome, Colder. You've got bass fever, for sure!

We have several here who play in worship bands, so join right in!!

I'm very interested in hearing that a friend recommended TMBG to you. Care to tell us that story? Did they take the course themselves?

Anyway, welcome!! Good luck with your lessons.

colder
02-25-2012, 10:13 PM
Well, I was oversimplifying. I heard about it from the gang over on the Learn & Master Guitar forums!

Thanks for the warm welcome, now back to the lessons for me!

SilverFlame46
02-26-2012, 06:27 AM
Welcome, colder. Glade to have you aboard. Good Luck with your lessons!!!

Ditto
02-26-2012, 11:05 AM
Welcome to the ROW of THUNDER! Fender P, nice way to start.

DONNIE B
02-26-2012, 12:00 PM
HELLO COLDER welcome to the ROW .. YOU have come to the right place every here is A1 PEOPLE all willing to help just ask .some one will help you if not they will tell where to go to get help. so welcome and have fun.

Bassix
02-26-2012, 12:24 PM
Nothing wrong with aiming high, Colder! Welcome to Thunder Row!

sadams
02-26-2012, 03:22 PM
Hopefully that obit is a long ways off! Plenty of time to practice. :)

colder
02-26-2012, 03:32 PM
Thanks everyone! This is a good opportunity to get my fifth post so I can see everything!

ArtLiestman
02-26-2012, 04:23 PM
Welcome, colder. Nice to have you with us!

colder
02-27-2012, 11:28 AM
I can't reply to your PM until I have 15 posts! I'll get back to you!

line6bassman
02-27-2012, 09:31 PM
Hi - new student here. I am 32, I live in the Minneapolis / St. Paul area though I am originally from Kansas City.

I started playing guitar a few years ago, but while browsing craigslist I saw an ad for one of those Squier bass starter packages for $100. I couldn't resist so I bought it, and then after working with that I found myself enjoying bass quite a bit. Then I put the bass down for a while but I wanted to start up again recently and I found a nice used Precision Bass for sale, so I picked that up and this course was recommended to me by a friend, so here I am.

I think my heart lies here rather than with electric guitar, which I enjoy, but something about bass is drawing me in more. My short term goal is to have fun and learn every day. My medium term goal is to finish this course and perform in the worship ensemble at church. My long term goal is to have my obituary in Bass Player. (Just kidding - sort of!) :p

Hope to enjoy meeting with all of you and learning from you and this fine instrument.

Welcome my Church Brothers too TR!! From the Line6bassman!! I've been playing in a worship team since the 70's and playing bass in one
since the early 80's. If I can be of any help in that regards please let me know I'll help where and if I can!! Glad to help!! But I'll say right off the bat what I think about the most important thing is if your in a Church group? Take it for what it's worth. Go read my blog on the subject here-http://www.thunderrow.com/entry.php?40-From-a-Higher-Source!!-Somebody%92s-Watching-You
Welcome once again to the Row!!

Line6bassman

Husker72
03-04-2012, 09:04 PM
Welcome aboard Colder. Enjoy the course. You're among friends here at TR.

Basslad
03-05-2012, 04:54 PM
Enjoy the journey through the Bass-land!