PDA

View Full Version : took awhile

Bassin Bfree
03-05-2012, 03:49 PM
It is so good to finally be here! I've been wanting to play the Bass since I was 16, well Im 50 lol
5 years ago while doing some work, I was in the radioo advertising field, I traded some work for a bass set up!
I bought some self teaching books, bored me to death as I constantly felt like I wasn't even holding it right, then I tried a teacher from the music dept of the Community college I was getting a degree in, I guess he plays in the local philarmonic, well it was like he couldn't hear me tell him "I am brand new at this!" after 4 weeks I just gave up! That was 2 years ago, I watched you tube video's and just knew that going that route wasn't my answer. I need structure, trust, and respect for the Teacher, system...I am jacked! I never stopped popping into the bass community, and when I saw the add for TMBG It went straight thru me! I knew, now I didn't actually have the money at the time, but started puttiing it together that day! Ordered It, and rec'd it today!!! I am so Jacked! and Looking Forward

Basslad
03-05-2012, 04:49 PM
Enjoy the journey through the Bass-land!

Bassix
03-05-2012, 07:15 PM
Welcome to Thunder Row, Bassin Bfree! Roy's an awesome teacher and I think you'll love TMBG, in part, because Roy starts at the ground floor and you get to go over the lessons as much as you want and move at YOUR pace. Just remember to have fun while you're learning. :)

ArtLiestman
03-05-2012, 07:23 PM
It's nice to have some young folks in the group. Welcome to the party!

SilverFlame46
03-05-2012, 07:40 PM
Welcome, Bassin Bfree. Glade your here and good luck with your lessons!!!

Elmeaux
03-05-2012, 09:10 PM
Welcome! Enjoy the lessons and (of course) the forum!!

TobiasMan
03-06-2012, 09:31 AM
Welcome Basslad! Enjoy your new "bassic lifestyle" ;)

DONNIE B
03-06-2012, 01:01 PM
welcome to TMBG and the ROW. IT will not take you very long to find out for your self .Just how great this place is.as far as the forum go;s. the blogs . and the people here are all number . always willing to help in any they can so get ready to have fun.it is all good.love;n life & bass

DONNIE B
03-06-2012, 01:05 PM
welcome to the row. i think you will like it here . the coarse is great . and the people too so have fun

Husker72
03-06-2012, 09:28 PM
Welcome! Another young guy. TMBG is inspiring. You'll be amazed at how quickly you improve.