PDA

View Full Version : GAS Relief - It Ain't Tums!

ghsky1
05-05-2012, 02:44 PM
Just got my relief via FedEx. Who knew they delivered on Saturday?
I've had the feeling ever since I first saw this baby. It has been building up inside me and I finally had to have my release.
Wednesday I ordered my Ibanez SR4XXV 25th Anniversary Limited Edition from Sweetwater. It arrived today.
1911Kudos to Sweetwater and their 55-point inspection by the way. As soon as the box arrived, I had to pull it out and start playing; didn't even take the time to tune. It sounded AMAZING! Plays like a dream. Smooth as butter. This thing slaps and pops like nobody's business. And it's gorgeous.
It also included a gig bag, which was nice, but nothing special. The thing that I was more excited about was the multi-purpose tool that was in the bag. It is like a Swiss Army Knife: it has Philips and flat-head screwdrivers, several sizes of Allen wrenches and a ruler for set ups and quick adjustments. It was the cherry on top.

Anyway, I've got to get back to my new bass. Thanks for sharing the moment!
P.S. > Sorry for the sideways picture. No matter what I tried, I couldn't get it to go upright.

SilverFlame46
05-05-2012, 03:26 PM
Congratulation, she is very nice. Enjoy!!!

line6bassman
05-05-2012, 03:35 PM
Nice!!! GO HEAD!!!!! Gotta get down!!!!

Line6bassman

Elmeaux
05-05-2012, 03:51 PM
What a beauty!! (wolf whistle)

Here...I turned her upright for ya.

Basslad
05-05-2012, 05:34 PM
You had to keep it a secret, didn't you? Good for you, Elmeaux! Ibanez 5-stringer was may second choice. Carvin B25 was my first choice, and I'm still waiting for it.

Oops, made a mistake! Read it too fast. I thought it was Elmeaux who got the new axe. Congratulations, ghsky1! Eh, what the heck, Elmeaux - get one too!

Elmeaux
05-05-2012, 08:32 PM
I have two - count 'em - TWO Ibanez basses. Won't be able to afford another one for a long time. If I'm gassing at all, it's for pedals and effects. I might even go back and get another Roland Cube combo amp...with all the COSM effects built in.

Basslad
05-05-2012, 08:45 PM
I have two - count 'em - TWO Ibanez basses. Won't be able to afford another one for a long time. If I'm gassing at all, it's for pedals and effects. I might even go back and get another Roland Cube combo amp...with all the COSM effects built in.

Well, alright. I'm just trying to get out of this mess. How about trading the TWO in for one NEW? No? OK, get your Roland Cube combo amp then and some pedals and effects as long as you get something!

Elmeaux
05-05-2012, 11:00 PM
OK, get your Roland Cube combo amp then and some pedals and effects as long as you get something!

From your lips to God's ears, Brother.

Truth be told, I have one other GAS problem...it's been a long time in the works...might never happen, unless I win the lottery.

You know her...you love her...you just gotta have her...

The Gretsch White Falcon!!!

ArtLiestman
05-06-2012, 07:38 AM
Congratulations! It looks great. Hope it keeps your GAS at bay for a while.

Elmeaux
05-06-2012, 09:35 AM
I've had the feeling ever since I first saw this baby. It has been building up inside me and I finally had to have my release. Wednesday I ordered my Ibanez SR4XXV 25th Anniversary Limited Edition from Sweetwater. It arrived today.

By the way, ghsky1...I forgot to mention that I LOVE the colour! Do you know what they call this particular shade?

I look forward to some video of you giving her a shakedown!!!

VerryBerry
05-06-2012, 10:22 AM
A stunning looking Ibanez, there ghsky1!
It's feeding my GAS as well!

DONNIE B
05-06-2012, 02:26 PM
way to go ghsky that is one fine bass i have read nothing but good things about her love;n life &bass. have fun i know you will . nice call

BrianVW
05-06-2012, 04:19 PM
Beautiful -- congrats!

jthomas353
05-06-2012, 08:00 PM
I'm green with envy!! 1919

Gotta say that's a beauty. Great choice.

ghsky1
05-06-2012, 09:24 PM
Elmeaux, thanks for setting the picture right. As for the color that is just the reddish hue of the padauk wood that tops the mahogany body. I'm not sure how the wood is finished. It just looks natural. The neck is a 5 piece of wenge/bubinga. It is so much lighter than my all-maple Modified Jazz Bass.

Ditto
05-06-2012, 11:21 PM
Nice,

One sure cure for GAS.... an empty check book!

Elmeaux
05-07-2012, 01:03 PM
Is this the bass you bought? The 25th anniversary issue? It looks like it to me.

http://www.thunderrow.com/content.php?1188-THUNDERNEWS-New-Ibanez-for-2012

ghsky1
05-07-2012, 02:27 PM
Yes. That is the one. Maybe this is where I first saw it. I couldn't remember where I learned about it. I have been excited about these basses since I played the SR300 at a music store a month or two ago. I had been checking out the Ibanez website regularly.

5Slinger
08-08-2012, 08:19 AM
That is an amazing instrument! Congrats Ghsky:cool: