PDA

View Full Version : New Amp Day - Again! This time for sure! Really!!

VerryBerry
05-06-2012, 10:57 PM
Forgive me, I jumped the gun announcing my new amp a little while back. If you remember, I reported getting a GK MB200 micro head. I had an Ampeg SVT210AV cab ordered that I was going to pair it up with. My research up to that point turned up some earlier design/production problems with the Ampeg Micro-VR head normally goes with the SVT210AV cab. I figured it was best to stay away from it - so I was going with the GK.

I guess it bugged me that I was going to couple a utilitarian-looking teensy metal GK MB200 amp (great little amp tho'!) with a cabinet that is a replica of a 1970's SVT cab. The two just didn't go together visually - and hey - not only should stuff sound good, it should look good too.

I did more research which showed (thankfully) that the problems were addressed and I have now come under the spell of Ampeg. So I returned the GK head and now have the Ampeg micro head and the 210 mini stack! I am very pleased with this rig, although I must admit I have not yet had the chance to really crank it for much more than short bursts.

Cute factor aside, this is a "real" rig. I have ordered a second SVT210 cab so I can have the full-meal-deal experience. I surely like the fact that this rig is HALF the weight of my previous 115 combo amp - with more than 3 times the power output! WOW!

Beware! - If you are GASsing for another hi-power, low weight, good-sounding amp/cab unit but cannot yet justify/afford it, DO NOT click on the thumbnails below. Navigate away from this thread immediately!

THIS MEANS YOU! :D

line6bassman
05-06-2012, 11:25 PM
GasX GasX please anyone have any GasX? I was worned but of course I wouldn't listen. Could it also be possable to have heart burn?

VerryBerry
05-06-2012, 11:29 PM
Could it also be possable to have heart burn?

Not heart burn, but maybe HARTKE burn?

VerryBerry
05-29-2012, 11:12 PM
Got my 2nd cab. Now twice the fun as a 410 mini-stack!

Elmeaux
05-30-2012, 12:11 AM
(burp)

Sorry...just a little GAS.

Nice rig.

ArtLiestman
05-30-2012, 07:16 AM
Congrats! Love the Ampegs!