PDA

View Full Version : What I've been doing...

bronsonelliott
06-29-2012, 01:06 PM
Ok guys, I've been a horrible TMBG member in that I haven't posted or contributed in a LONG time. I know no one is really looking for me but I thought I would share some of what I have been doing. I've actually been playing bass - a lot. And in a band no less.

I think I may have mentioned in the past that the band I'm in is a collection of dads from our kids elementary school. Kids ranging from grades K-5. The mascot of the school is the jaguar so our band name is "Jag Daddies".

Well, as the year was closing out, we had a couple of gigs at the school where we got the chance to perform for the kids and expose them to some good music other than the synthesized, heavy produced, "music" they hear on Radio Disney and the like. These is music the kids SHOULD be listening to and we were happy to bring it to them.

Anyway, I wanted to share some of the video from these performances. They are short so it won't take too much of your time. I'm the bass player BTW (just thought I'd mention that). Enjoy!!

http://youtu.be/onaqVO15F_8
http://youtu.be/YO6BSFLbJ2g
http://youtu.be/hBmhCaWLO04

line6bassman
06-29-2012, 02:32 PM
Awesome guy!!! If you get to do what your doing I understand not being around here for awhile that's ok. But on the part of not looking
for you, sometimes people get emails from ME to see how their doing, so if your gone to long you just might get an email from
DRAFT DEPARTMENT!!!

Line6bassman

bronsonelliott
06-29-2012, 02:36 PM
Awesome guy!!! If you get to do what your doing I understand not being around here for awhile that's ok. But on the part of not looking
for you, sometimes people get emails from ME to see how their doing, so if your gone to long you just might get an email from
DRAFT DEPARTMENT!!!

Line6bassman

Thanks man. I really appreciate it. :D

bassischill
06-29-2012, 03:38 PM
Those videos were awesome! Thanks so much for sharing!

Elmeaux
06-29-2012, 03:54 PM
Fantastic!! Buncha madmen!!! Great music!!

More, more, MORE!

ArtLiestman
06-29-2012, 04:42 PM
Thanks! That was lots of fun. I need some new friends so I can do this sort of thing.

Rubbersoul
06-29-2012, 06:02 PM
That was very cool, looks like everyone was having a ball, thanks for sharing, the super hero t shirts was a nice touch too. :cool:

bronsonelliott
06-29-2012, 07:20 PM
That was very cool, looks like everyone was having a ball, thanks for sharing, the super hero t shirts was a nice touch too. :cool:

Yeah we wanted to leverage the hype around the Avengers movie and give the kids something extra to identify with.

Thanks for the comments everyone. It really is a lot of fun. Playing live, even in front of a bunch of elementary school kids, really is about as much fun as you can legally have.

SilverFlame46
06-29-2012, 08:44 PM
Very nice. Thanks for posting!!!

5Slinger
07-01-2012, 11:45 AM
Hey that is awesome!!

Bassix
07-01-2012, 12:48 PM
It really warms the heart to see the music make the kids go nuts like that. Nice!

Elmeaux
07-01-2012, 01:14 PM
It really warms the heart to see the music make the kids go nuts like that. Nice!

That's the part I like to see. Audience enjoyment. The band starts playing and bottoms begin to MOVE to it!!