PDA

View Full Version : reading more

DONNIE B
08-31-2012, 08:11 PM
i have be working on this improv you play it. not having much luck.so instead of trying to fallow the loops i took and blew the song up on my computer. where i can read the music. and it helped me to follow the changes by reading the music. that is so cool. i have to admit it is slower but that is cool with me. my speed will come. i just could not fallow the loops and keep up so this is much better now i can see when to make my change . plus now it makes me have to read the music. so i guess t is a win win. i love it when a plan comes together. ps see that just proves it even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then:cool:

debitcred1
08-31-2012, 08:18 PM
Donnie, sort of doing the same. Not really reading the music, but agree, it helps to see the timing changes in the notes on paper. 'kind of' reading, in that, I know what pattern to play, and see when the notes change on paper and it does help with the changes.

I have a guitar playing friend who wants to play, but so afraid I will look/sound horrible, I keep putting him off. Pass me some of your bravery dude!

Elmeaux
08-31-2012, 10:48 PM
Keep working on it, Donnie! You'll get it.

DONNIE B
08-31-2012, 11:39 PM
well iam not a brave one but i know that i want to play bass guitar and know how to read music.i look at iy this way . if people that know tell that you can do it then you most likely can do it.if some one tells me that i stink .i just let it roal off my back be cause i don't think a true musician would ever say that and i am too at least with out offering to help. and i am always willing for someone to tell me the right way to play and i am old enough that that sort of stuff dose not bother me . so just go for it and have fun. love'n GOD& LIFE &BASS. Hope this helps your friend donnie b

line6bassman
09-01-2012, 12:37 AM
Donnie, sort of doing the same. Not really reading the music, but agree, it helps to see the timing changes in the notes on paper. 'kind of' reading, in that, I know what pattern to play, and see when the notes change on paper and it does help with the yechanges.

I have a guitar playing friend who wants to play, but so afraid I will look/sound horrible, I keep putting him off. Pass me some of your bravery dude!

Hey if me and Donnie can do it you can do it! Go for it!

Line6bassman

SilverFlame46
09-01-2012, 07:14 AM
... i love it when a plan comes together.

The "A Team" always prevailed and I know YOU are part of that team, Donnie!!!

PaulUK
09-01-2012, 12:51 PM
Donnie, Patrick posted the sheet music to "Improv" on the Lesson 3 forum page. If you print it off you won't need your computer......Good luck. Paul

DONNIE B
09-01-2012, 06:14 PM
thank you PAULUK but i enlarged them so i could see it better and added it to my book. thank you and Patrick :cool