PDA

View Full Version : so hard

DONNIE B
09-08-2012, 10:20 AM
what is it about this song that makes it so difficult to play. makes me wany too move on but then i will feel as if i cheated my self. need help with this one . i remember it was really hard last time too. please help

Bassix
09-08-2012, 12:27 PM
You might be trying to move too fast, Donnie.

Try humming the bassline against the "without bass" track. Can you do that without mistakes? If not, spend a few practice sessions just listening. It might seem like you're doing nothing, but you're actually accomplishing a lot. It really, really helps you absorb what's going on in the song. After you can hum the bassline, take it slow, learning the song measure by measure until you've got the whole thing down. Don't learn a new measure until you have the previous measure(s) down pat. Also, there's nothing wrong with just listening to the entire bassline for a few minutes at the beginning of each practice to reinforce the big picture. This works for me.

Don't forget you're doing this for fun...if you have to move on, move on and come back to it if you want.

debitcred1
09-08-2012, 01:21 PM
What song are you working on?

PaulUK
09-08-2012, 01:45 PM
Is this the Improv in lesson 3 Donnie?

If so, I think this is the first big jump in the course.

And, if you remember, you cleared it once before.

You can do it again, if you want to.

If you decide to move on though, you could just make it part of your warm up. It makes a great sight reading exercise and, being an improv, mistakes can be put down to creativity!

You've been in this place before Donnie and you have proved it is only a temporary stage. Confusion always precedes clarity.

Good luck.

Paul

line6bassman
09-08-2012, 02:54 PM
I wish I could be there to help you!!! Little at a time one bit at a time and have fun with each bit you learn. Trust me I know the feeling.
But don't quit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You need some encouragement CALL ME!!!

Line6bassman

DONNIE B
09-08-2012, 10:13 PM
improv you play it

DONNIE B
09-08-2012, 10:17 PM
thank you every one this song has just gotten to me but i will get it. now iam going to beeak it down to one bar at a time when i get one down i will move to he next thank you all for your help

DONNIE B
09-11-2012, 01:05 PM
thank you all for your words of support . i went back to practice and put my nose to the grind stone and now i have the top half of song fairly well . now working on bottom half. then i eill work on my speed.some times i guess i just need my friends to tell me you can do this so just geter done. so thank you again.loven GOD LIFE & BASS

ckolling
09-12-2012, 10:41 PM
I agree, this is a tough one. For one, the timing with dotted quarters is a little new, and even at 40 bpm is challenging me now, let alone 80'or 120 bpm!
I just keep working at the Am and Bm chords first then move on to the higher notes. I set my metronome at 35 to warm up, thm 40, then 60. Take breaks also!