PDA

View Full Version : Gas gas gas

Elmeaux
01-14-2013, 12:34 PM
I couldn't stand it anymore. I went and got me a new toy. Not the Wahoo... woulda been nice... but the Zoom B3, the latest thing in multi-effects. Threw in an expression pedal for good measure.

Elmeaux happy. Elmeaux must go now. Much to learn.

Zoom B3 Effect Simulator (http://www.zoom.co.jp/products/b3)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gh0bTNBxMRI

TobiasMan
01-14-2013, 12:43 PM
WOW Elmeaux!

Looks like a very complete, all in one box! Glad to see that the AC adaptor is included. It is good that it will work on batteries, but if it didn't run on AC it would consume them at a considerable rate! :eek:

Yep, much to learn, so quit wasting time and get on it, eh!

We're anxious to hear the new "Elmeaux productions" ;)

SilverFlame46
01-14-2013, 12:54 PM
"Oh, what a relief it is!" No more gas problems. Congratulations, Elmeaux. Have FUN!!!

Elmeaux
01-14-2013, 12:58 PM
Drum machine, tremolo, looper, echo, delay, flangers, phasers, built-in tuner... you can set it to simulate the sound of different amps, you can hook it up to the computer and record...

Tasty, tasty, tasty.

Nicki
01-14-2013, 01:07 PM
Wow, that's an impressive unit! Congrats!!! I expect we'll hear more once you've had a chance to play around with it?

line6bassman
01-14-2013, 06:51 PM
Drum machine, tremolo, looper, echo, delay, flangers, phasers, built-in tuner... you can set it to simulate the sound of different amps, you can hook it up to the computer and record...

Tasty, tasty, tasty.

Did someone say Record??!!!

Nicki
01-15-2013, 07:44 AM
I just realized that for someone who loves technology, I'm very analog in my pedal choices. Not sure why that is... lol

BrianVW
01-15-2013, 10:00 AM
Can't wait to hear it, Elmeaux!

Ditto
01-15-2013, 10:01 AM
I like the tuner function, I wanted the old KORG rack tuner but they do not make them anymore.
So I am looking at stomp box style ones. Not big into effects but that does sound cool, I think I would spend my time playing with it instead of practicing though. I do not get enough time to play as it is ands would waste time goofing off.

Does look cool though.

Elmeaux
01-15-2013, 10:51 AM
It's surprisingly easy to use (so far). The hardest part is making sure to rack the effects into the best order for the sound. Y'know? Which works better? Fuzz-Ring-Tremolo or Ring-Tremolo-Fuzz... things like that. It lets you shuffle the order on the fly to test the combinations.

They have a lot of presets to try to give me proper recommendations. It also has a great preventative feature to keep a person from overloading the thing through bad racking. If you order your effects badly and the resulting relay would overload the unit or make it consume too much programming space, it automatically shuts down one of the effects with a big THRU sign on that window. I haven't seen that one yet, but it mentions it in the instructions.

It has presets for Victor Wooten, Stanley Clarke. Cliff Burton, etc., so you can just dial in your fave sound if you want.

Loving the drum machine. It sets down a groove and encourages me to improvise. I used to do that a lot on keyboard bass.

Can't wait to try the looper, or to save some of my own preset sounds.

LOL... it has an 'organ' preset that makes the bass sound exactly like a pipe organ when played. Too wacky!

I'm looking forward to trying some of the amp simulators. It can turn my Fender into a Markbass or a Hartke!

DaveB
01-15-2013, 04:41 PM
LOL... it has an 'organ' preset that makes the bass sound exactly like a pipe organ when played. Too wacky!

How about a "Bach to Basics" video? Seems like a perfect fit!

Elmeaux
01-15-2013, 05:46 PM
How about a "Bach to Basics" video? Seems like a perfect fit!

Hmm...that's from Lesson 4, ain't it?

DaveB
01-15-2013, 06:04 PM
Hmm...that's from Lesson 4, ain't it?

Yep, that's the one. Actually it's "Bach to Bass-ix." My bad.