PDA

View Full Version : Working with Garageband

stantonl
03-12-2013, 10:34 PM
I started playing around with Garageband the other night and ended up with a pretty cool track. Actually it's 3 bass tracks layered, two of which are looped after the first 4 bars. The main line is just me fiddling around in the E Maj Scale. I added a bit of Chorus and Reverb to it which gives it a bit of an atmospheric feel.

For all 3 tracks I used my Lakland Skyline 44-01 ran flat through a Radial Bassbone into a Tascam US-1800 into my Mac Mini. It's a bit rough so please excuse the bumps. So anyway, whatch think?

https://soundcloud.com/bassramblings/its-a-start

Elmeaux
03-13-2013, 01:16 PM
I really like that sample. Layering always works. Fantastic!

line6bassman
03-13-2013, 02:00 PM
Sounds cool!! Actually in that song here and there it sounds like your own style of some Christmas music if you know
what I'm talking about? Cool!! That's what I first thought of at the beginning. Also soon as I get settled in from this moving to another home our Garageband band wants to start practicing again. OH!! Wrong Garageband, Sorry!!!!

Line6bassmanTR

stantonl
03-13-2013, 08:48 PM
Funny, my wife said it sounded like Christmas music too! Guess is never too early to start recording a Holiday album ;)

TobiasMan
03-14-2013, 10:19 AM
Nice,
Layering can really be fun, and looping is a great way to lay down a foundation to play with.