PDA

View Full Version : been working with Audacity

aksteve
03-16-2013, 10:50 PM
so far so good, i really dont have much knowledge about the program yet, but i was able to record a couple of the songs (good foot, and Rockin blues) and it was amazing what that miniature richter scale can tell you! ;) the one thing that i really noticed was the differences of "attack" on some of my notes. seemed to change a lot when I changed strings and also would start out Louder, and then i would soften it up as i went along....what a great tool! this is one of those things that i didnt realize until i listened back to the tracks. also need to work on keeping my time a bit better, i was ahead of the game on a few notes, but all and all, not bad! now i gotta figure out how to post it! lol

line6bassman
03-17-2013, 12:25 AM
Did everyone know also for you like me who calls themselfs a singer that you can use it to cut the vocals out? I use it once in awhile to make backing tracks to sing to. Does a not perfect but decent job at it by using invert in the effects section. There's a little more to it than that but that's what alot of people use the program for also incase you didn't know it.

Elmeaux
03-17-2013, 02:57 AM
so far so good, i really dont have much knowledge about the program yet, but i was able to record a couple of the songs (good foot, and Rockin blues) and it was amazing what that miniature richter scale can tell you! ;) the one thing that i really noticed was the differences of "attack" on some of my notes. seemed to change a lot when I changed strings and also would start out Louder, and then i would soften it up as i went along....what a great tool! this is one of those things that i didnt realize until i listened back to the tracks. also need to work on keeping my time a bit better, i was ahead of the game on a few notes, but all and all, not bad! now i gotta figure out how to post it! lol

Any prog that gives info on your ADSR (Attack Delay Sustain Release) can make your playing more consistent. You learn to strike the strings with a more even tone. I'd love an ADSR Envelope monitor as a foot pedal.