PDA

View Full Version : Ack Ack Ack!!

Elmeaux
09-15-2010, 07:10 PM
I just made my first blog entry. Apparently, it's one of the perks of my elevated status.

I may do this from time to time. It's fun. And it's been years since I've maintained a blog. I can't think of a better place to restart than in Thunder Row.

No go find it. Under BLOGS. (duh)

SilverFlame46
09-15-2010, 10:19 PM
Great blog, Elmeaux.However I was unable to listen to your song as when I clicked the link it show invalid attachment. Contact Administrator!!!

Elmeaux
09-16-2010, 08:09 AM
Great blog, Elmeaux.However I was unable to listen to your song as when I clicked the link it show invalid attachment. Contact Administrator!!!

Hmmm...same thing that happened in Roy's post maybe.

Lemme try it right from here. I'll try and fix the blog later.

SilverFlame46
09-16-2010, 08:55 AM
Works OK from here. Love that Boogie!!!:cool:

TLDTR
09-16-2010, 09:58 AM
I remember when I was a kid, cruising with friends, always battling for control of the TONE knob! I'd always want to crank it all the way to BASS. That's what did it for me - none of that tinny, trebly stuff. (I suppose it has something to do with the inner ear, though I prefer to think it has to do with SOUL.)

Great blog, Elmeaux. You paint very evocative word pictures.
Ed.

Elmeaux
09-16-2010, 06:58 PM
By the way, here's a video of the Doors, and Manzarek's Rhodes keyboard bass. Not the best video but you get the idea.

Jim dunna look so good in this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbzvSYLCSo0&feature=related

jthomas353
09-16-2010, 07:42 PM
Elmeaux,

Just a quick story about Jim Morrison. When I lived on Guam druing my early teenage years, one of my best friends was the golf caddy for Admiral Morrison. I didn't realize it at the time but found out later that he was Jim Morrison's father. It's a small world after all.

John

Elmeaux
09-16-2010, 08:16 PM
Elmeaux,

Just a quick story about Jim Morrison. When I lived on Guam druing my early teenage years, one of my best friends was the golf caddy for Admiral Morrison. I didn't realize it at the time but found out later that he was Jim Morrison's father. It's a small world after all.

I love stories like this. The connections you might not expect. :)