PDA

View Full Version : Zoom, Zoom!

Bassix
10-05-2013, 02:21 PM
After reading through the glowing reviews that some of you gave the Zoom effects pedals, the Zoom B3 in particular, I finally bought one and I must say this pedal is very nice! It's a tuner/rhythm maker/looper/amp simulator/etc. all in one and is guaranteed to keep the sound tweakers among us (you know who you are ;)) happy for a long time.

I'm still trying to figure everything out, but I've linked a couple examples of the effects.

In this clip I use a patch called called 'nice warm.' It's supposed to generate a tube amp type of sound and, of course, it's adjustable.

http://youtu.be/_1LhQU_1ToM

In this one I use a patch called 'normal dis' which I assume stands for normal distortion. It's very mild compared to a lot of the other patches in this pedal, but it is noticeable.

http://youtu.be/J9TcSP0uT7Y

brian_primrose
10-05-2013, 03:55 PM
I'm loving it.
Brian

Elmeaux
10-05-2013, 04:03 PM
Yep. I bought the Zoom B3 some time ago. It has everything I need. Good choice, Bassix! You'll be busy for a long time playing with the various settings.

TobiasMan
10-05-2013, 06:17 PM
Cool effects! Never bothered with a pedal, but that might be one to play around with . . . . :cool:

5Slinger
10-06-2013, 09:27 AM
Nice Bassix,

The vids are cool, your playing is stellar. I have the zoom b2U. I think it has similar patches but adds the expression pedal (which I never use). But best parts for me, are the interface to my computer. So I use it to bring tone into my computer. Also, the drum machine and tuner. There are so many tones in this thing, that I have locked in on the four or five that I use and put them in patch 1 3 5 7 with clean on patch 0 2 4 6 8, This way I can get back to a clean tone with one press up or down. It also has a pretty small footprint with is nice in confined gigging space, which they all seem to be....

I assume the B3 is an updated (cooler) version of the B2 minus the expression pedal? However, the b2 does not have a looper that I think would be very useful.

AB

Elmeaux
10-06-2013, 09:29 AM
The B3 doesn't come with an expression pedal, but I bought one to go along with mine.

Bassix
10-06-2013, 12:49 PM
This pedal is a barrel of fun.

AB, Elmeaux: Very interesting...so I take it the expression pedal determines the degree to which the effects in the Zoom pedal (or any pedal) are expressed? Or is it more complicated than that? I'm a noob.

brian_primrose
10-06-2013, 01:33 PM
If I may ask, where did you get the tracks you are playing to? Was the bass on the track and you wiped it or did it come w/o bass?
Brian

Bassix
10-06-2013, 04:34 PM
Brian, for these two I played the original music through small computer speakers that have poor bass response and made sure the tone knob was minimized for bass. That's it.

Elmeaux
10-06-2013, 07:20 PM
This pedal is a barrel of fun.

AB, Elmeaux: Very interesting...so I take it the expression pedal determines the degree to which the effects in the Zoom pedal (or any pedal) are expressed? Or is it more complicated than that? I'm a noob.

Basically, yes. You can (for example) use it to increase the rate of tremolo, delay, distortion, etc, of a particular patch. I can also plug it directly into the Rumble to turn the overdrive feature on or off.