PDA

View Full Version : Another newbie here

TobyBass55
09-30-2010, 09:44 PM
Hi everyone!

I'm another newbie to TMBG. My husband got me the program for my birthday, but I just got a chance to get started on it this week.

I've actually been playing the bass for about a year now. But I've recently retired, so that gives me some time to really get serious about learning the bass. I'm really impressed with TMBG so far..........and a little intimidated too. I think the program might keep me busy for the next 10 or 20 years. LOL (no actually, it seriously might :eek: but thats OK......I have time). Anyone else have that feeling?

Elmeaux
09-30-2010, 09:56 PM
Welcome!! Relaaaax and have fun with the lessons. It's not a contest, so no worries. Roy stops by once in awhile so if you have any questions, I'm sure he'll be able to help.

And the rest of us serve as his minions when he's unavailable, so maybe we can help, too.

Have fun!!

Basszman
09-30-2010, 10:10 PM
Welcome aboard! 20 years isn't so bad when it involves playing bass. Lot's of fun & playing ahead! -Basszman

c-note
09-30-2010, 10:39 PM
Welcome to the row

jthomas353
09-30-2010, 11:27 PM
Hello TobyBass55,

Sounds like you have time on your hands for lots of practice. Just stick with it, pracitce diligently and you'll have it down before you know it. But most of all have fun. There is nothing more relaxing for me after a day at work than playing my bass.

Enjoy,
John

SilverFlame46
10-01-2010, 06:58 AM
Hey TobyBass55, welcome to Thunder Row and TMBG. Relax and enjoy the course. Roy is a great teacher and makes learning fun. And we are not in a race to finish the course. So, no matter how long it takes you to complete TMBG the time period you establish will be right for you. Have fun!!!

IdTBassUK
10-01-2010, 08:38 AM
Welcome aboard,
I've been watching all the lessons thru before I start on the course proper, as a bassist for 17yrs I wanted to see which bits I'd be best working on. already learnt some new things just by watching up to lesson 13.

Also, having paid $200 for the course, I want to know that ALL my DVDs play properly!!!!!

Take your time, follow the course and practice when you can. But learn some songs you like as well, music is what it's all about, after all.

By the way, cool husband to buy you the course, and good to see another girl on the boards!!!!

David (Id) :cool:

TobyBass55
10-01-2010, 08:45 AM
Thanks for all the words of welcome.......and the encouragement! :)

Patrick
10-01-2010, 09:10 AM
Welcome, and don't be scared of the Thunder ;)