PDA

View Full Version : Markbass CMD 102P

Greg Jewell
10-01-2010, 05:53 PM
Just checked-out a Markbass CMD 102P combo amp. at Guitar Center, and liked it...alot.
The reviews are all positive. Any one in TMBG playing through one of these beauties?

Greg

Elmeaux
10-02-2010, 02:22 AM
Not me. I'm enjoying the Fender Rumble.

Are you thinking of buying it? How much do they want?

slejhamer
10-02-2010, 08:49 AM
I've played the smaller version a few times at GC and like it; big sound in a small lightweight box. Very sensitive to the VLE and VPF filters, so you have to play with them a bit to find a sound that works in the mix.

A few people say they aren't that wild about the 102P cab, even though they like the LM-II head a lot - with other cabs.

Quite spendy too, even in the used market. But if it turns your crank, then go for it. :cool:

jthomas353
10-02-2010, 09:35 AM
Have never tried one but sure love the distinctive look with the yellow cone speakers and yellow on the heads. Sharp looking units but pricy. All the reviews I've read have also been positive.

Let us know if you get one. Would love to hear your impression on it from an owners perspective.

John

TobyBass55
10-02-2010, 10:49 AM
I have a markbass micromark as a practice amp and really like it alot. So I was thinking about a bigger Markbass too for a rehearsal or gigging amp. The CMD 102P looks really nice. I was leaning towards the mini CMD112P because it is only 30lb and that is about all I care to carry at once. (I know, I'm a weak girl !!! :o but it's true, I am).

jthomas353
10-02-2010, 11:27 AM
Hi TobyBass55,

I noticed your bass on your Avatar and the one you're playing on your profile page. What type of bass is that? It kind of looks like the Paul McCartney violin bass.

Thanks,
John

TobyBass55
10-02-2010, 11:59 AM
Hi TobyBass55,

I noticed your bass on your Avatar and the one you're playing on your profile page. What type of bass is that? It kind of looks like the Paul McCartney violin bass.

Thanks,
John

That is exactly what it is! It is a Hofner Contemporary Beatle Bass.