PDA

View Full Version : Drumming all night

Silverfox
11-22-2015, 09:07 PM
A man was staying at a hotel but couldn't sleep because of the constant drumming he heard. In the morning he went to the front desk and complained. "I can't sleep with that constant drumming going on, make it stop!" "oh no," said the clerk "the drumming must never stop" "Are you crazy" said the guest, "why can't the drumming stop?" "Well," said the clerk, "when the drumming stops the bass solo starts!"

Elmeaux
11-22-2015, 10:51 PM
Ha ha ha! Love it!!

TobiasMan
11-23-2015, 12:56 PM
:D Heard something similar before, but it was set in Africa.

jusca
02-24-2016, 01:06 AM
I'm late to the party. I don't understand the joke. Would anyone care to explain it to me?

TobiasMan
02-25-2016, 12:42 PM
Drum solos are bad enough, but the bass solos . . . . !!!

jusca
02-26-2016, 07:39 PM
Drum solos are bad enough, but the bass solos . . . . !!!

Oh ok. LOL. As much as I love drums, most drum solos sound terrible to me. Wtih the funky music I listen to like The Brand New Heavies and Maxwell, the bass solos are infectious and tasty! That's probably why I didn't get the joke cause I've heard lots of good bass solos. :)

Bassix
02-27-2016, 12:44 PM
Oh ok. LOL. As much as I love drums, most drum solos sound terrible to me. Wtih the funky music I listen to like The Brand New Heavies and Maxwell, the bass solos are infectious and tasty! That's probably why I didn't get the joke cause I've heard lots of good bass solos. :)

LOL. I happen to agree and can't listen to most drum solos for too long with the notable exception of those performed by Neil Peart (Rush). He's a drummer's drummer. :cool:

Elmeaux
02-28-2016, 01:01 AM
I enjoyed Bonham's solo from Moby Dick in the film, "The Song Remains The Same". I also like Nick Mason's solos. Innovative.