PDA

View Full Version : Chateau Groove

Bass4Gsus
03-30-2010, 09:19 PM
I know it's empty now, but just curious what the future may hold for the Chateau Groove .

Roy
03-31-2010, 08:14 AM
It's a work in progress, Ray. I'm curious myself. We'll see what occurs....Stay tuned,
Roy

Lane on Bass
04-02-2010, 08:37 AM
We may have to change our terminology somewhat. Originally, Chateau Groove was the name for all of the private sections of Thunder Row -- those sections that are just for TMBG students. The pieces include:

Member Video section -- what is called Chateau Groove on the Navigation bar. This is where you can upload progress videos for feedback from Roy and the rest of the TMBG community. We made these a "hidden" section because we want everyone to feel comfortable posting these.

Chat Room -- we will begin opening the Chat room soon. It will ONLY be open when one of us can monitor it. Not to control the conversation in any way... just to make sure we don't get "undesirables" and that people don't fight.

Members-Only forum -- This is what we're calling Ask Roy. This is a special forum section to discuss TMBG. This is where you can ask about specific lessons, or about the course in general, and get answers from other TMBG students and Roy.

The original plan was to have all this behind a single wall. However, we discovered that in order to do that, you would have to have two separate log-ins, which would make it a pain in the neck! So, we figure out how to wall off these three sections while allowing a single registration to work for everything.

Please remember, if you have suggestions to make the site better, we want to hear them!

JeffB
04-27-2010, 12:59 PM
Lane, whats the status on the chat room, I come to check the message board frequently and see there are other members online, it would be great to chat with them. Can we open it up without moderators for a trial basis? If it doesn't work Im certain you and Roy will hear about it. This isint harmony central and I don't think that level of user is hanging around here.

Lane on Bass
05-03-2010, 08:08 AM
Hi, Jeff, and sorry for late reply. I put the question to the company and haven't heard back yet. As soon as I do, I'll report back here.

JeffB
05-03-2010, 01:47 PM
Great! As I write this reply, the system shows five users online. I think if they will let it go live, it could drive more members and bring some of the lurkers out in the open. Id really like to see this take off and will help however I can.

TLDTR
05-17-2010, 11:04 PM
Hi, Jeff -

We're hoping to have live chat up and running in the very near future. As a family site, we are very concerned about abuse by those who don't seem to have anything better to do with their time than mess things up for other people - they seem to find their way everywhere - so having unmoderated chats is a daunting prospect, however - we're working on technical work-arounds that might make it possible. We'll keep you posted.

Meantime, how about uploading a video showing visitors how you're progressing with TMBG! Somebody's got to be first!

Thanks.
David Crossman
CEO Thunder Row

JeffB
05-18-2010, 12:03 PM
A video? OK, let me see what I can come up with.

I understand the chat concerns. If its any consolation Im a member of the Learn and Master Guitar community as well, we have an open room there that Steve Krenz attends every Tuesday, his schedule permitting. (he almost always makes it). The room is open 24/7 to any and all, and with over 10000 members we have never had an issue, knock on wood.

By the way, I HATE being first!