PDA

View Full Version : Marine Corps Birthday

Ditto
11-10-2010, 11:15 AM
235 years agon today, the United States Marine Corps was formed...... in a BAR!
29 years ago I joined the U.S.M.C. Happy Birthday Brothers.

And Happy Veterens Day to all that have served. If you served, THANK YOU, if you did not, thank someone who did.

Ditto

Elmeaux
11-10-2010, 11:34 AM
Excellent tribute!!

Thanks to all who serve!!! This is one person who does not take lightly the sacrifices made by the very youngest among us.

Not much more than children, with their whole lives ahead of them, they choose to put it all on the line.

Brave youth. Honoured souls, all. :)

TLDTR
11-10-2010, 11:56 AM
We at The Learning Dock heartily second these sentiments. Collectively, we often seem in danger of forgotting that it is the selflessness and sacrifice of countless, nameless others that purchased and secure the liberty we enjoy. May we prove worthy of their sacrifice, and never forget that liberty is not license, and it comes with an equal measure of responsibility.
From the bottom of our hearts, to our Veterans and their families of many nations, THANK YOU!
David, Barbara, Roy, Jason, Brie, Sue, Ashley, Michelle, Shane, Rick, Chris, and Ralph...

jthomas353
11-10-2010, 12:04 PM
My heartfelt thanks to all the Veterans who have served our country. My nephew is in the Marines and served 4 tours in Iraq and is now on his second tour in Afghanistan. I thank him and all veterans who have served or are serving for all their sacrifices to protect our country and our liberties.

John

SilverFlame46
11-10-2010, 03:29 PM
As a Veteran myself (United States Army), I salute all my fellow Veterans for their service. Thank You. And for all those POW/MIA Veterans, may we NEVER forget your sacrifice!!!