PDA

View Full Version : Sorry to my wife

Ditto
11-12-2010, 01:52 PM
My wife took the kids and left me home alone last night.... usually not a bad thing to do. I had watch a video on YOUTUBE about the MESA amps settings. So I thought I would goof around a bit. I hit the BRIGHT switch in the back and turned up the gain (no numbers but I think it was on 11) I thumped the open E and felt and saw all my clothes move, WOW that thing was moving a tremendous amount of AIR. I did it a few more time and then I heard this CRASH behind me. I turned around and I had blown all the pictures off the wall and knoked over a bunch of stuff on my desk....... OOOOPS!
I found out that my house is not MESA proof.
:)

Elmeaux
11-12-2010, 02:32 PM
Hee hee...think of it this way, Ditto...because of all the damage to household belongings, you can now play to your heart's content in the doghouse.

When I was testing out my Rumble in the store, the thing I liked most about it was the way you could look in and see the cone pulsing back and forth. It's only a 75 watt amp, but compared to the Roland Cube I had previously, it made me smile. It was like watching an athlete doing stretching exercises. Flexing muscles.

In my apartment, I hardly ever turn it up more than about a quarter of the way and it's still plenty loud for me. I use it in the kickback position so it doesn't pound so much down through the floor. It's a nice volume for a decent vibration without earning me an eviction.

If I'm ever invited back to play with the band, I plan to turn it up a bit more. I played on someone else's Rumble then, and it was very nice when allowed to...well....rumble.

Ditto
11-14-2010, 10:47 AM
That is funny, I have my MAN CAVE already. I have all of my music equipment in my man cave and the pictures that fell off the wall were all mine anyway. But she was not happy with me turning it up so loud. The vibration of the amp was pretty awesome. That was the first time I have really pushed that amp, I could actually smell it getting hot (tubes) it was way cool.
I used to live in a secure park, the houses were very close together and had to keep it quiet. The walls in that house were very thin, and you could hear every thing so I understand about the apartment living.

FeltFedora
11-14-2010, 12:54 PM
Man Cave eh' ?? Thats a good name. I call my area "Fort Sloth".

TLDTR
11-15-2010, 12:36 PM
Hey, Elmeaux -

Ralph was rolling by the office when I was reading the above post about 'if you're ever invited to join a band' and, before rolling out, he said: "Did you see that Halloween video she did? Cool. By this time next year she'll be able to start her OWN band. (Don't tell her I said that!).
Food for thought, though,
Ed.

Elmeaux
11-15-2010, 01:15 PM
Too bad "The Zombies" is already taken....

:p