PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Whiskyland!

Hutton
11-13-2010, 03:55 AM
Hi folks. A newbie here all the way from Bonnie Scotland. I live in Keith in the North East which is a small country town surrounded by four distilleries producing God's own favorite beverage. I have just started the TMBG course and find it absolutely fantastic. I'm looking forward to being a regular visitor to these pages.

Kind regards to all,
Hutton

Elmeaux
11-13-2010, 04:11 AM
Welcome, Hutton!!! Love to hear you're enjoying the course!

First rule of the forum is to tell us what kind of bass you play and maybe a bit about your rig - amps, effects, etc.

SilverFlame46
11-13-2010, 06:24 AM
Welcome to Thunder Row and TMBG, Hutton. Its great to have you aboard, and don't be a stranger. We would love hearing more about you and your bass playing!!!

jthomas353
11-13-2010, 09:30 AM
Hello Hutton,

Welcome to Thunder Row. Looking forward to hearing about your experiences with TMBG and playing bass and other bits of interesting information.

John

Hutton
11-13-2010, 10:04 AM
Welcome, Hutton!!! Love to hear you're enjoying the course!

First rule of the forum is to tell us what kind of bass you play and maybe a bit about your rig - amps, effects, etc.

Thanks for the warm welcome chaps. I have five basses in my collection: 1983 USA Standard Precision, 2006 USA 62 Reissue Precision, 2007 Lakland Skyline Daryll Jones, 2004 Musicman SUB4, 1987 Gibson IV.

I go direct into a Markbass Little Mark II with a Markbass 4ohm 4X10 cab. I also use a Mesa Boogie Walkabout Scout.

I have felt that my playing has got into a bit of a rut. I have merely been learning songs for gigging and not understanding what I was really doing. I needed something to take me back to basics and improve all areas of my bass-playing. The TMBG course suits me down to the ground not only for its high quality of teaching but also that I can practice at a time to suit myself.

Here's my collection.
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c322/Williamwood/Basses2-1.jpg

TLDTR
11-13-2010, 10:56 AM
Hello, Hutton -

Welcome to the Row. We're glad you're enjoying TMBG, and honored to have you as part of our family. Speaking of family, that's quite a family portrait! Folks around here are turning green with envy!
Play on!
Ed. (That's short for Editor).

jthomas353
11-13-2010, 11:10 AM
Yes, lots of drooling going on here. Nice collection!!!!

SilverFlame46
11-13-2010, 11:11 AM
Very nice collection, Hutton. Ed is right, I am turning green with envy!!!

Elmeaux
11-13-2010, 02:17 PM
WOW!!! Love the blue one!!! Fantastic!!!