PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Here

garyreal
11-19-2010, 01:23 AM
:)

Hi people,

I'm quite new here.

I'm one of the bassist for our church, sad to say, i wasn't being used or rostered for the main church as i am quite bad in my bass playing. I always forget the notes and chords of the song.

I'm wondering if the TMBG can help me acquire a skill wherein, the band leader will just let me know the key and i can play the song in an acceptable level.

Just got the approval from the Finance Minister (wifey) to get one good bass lesson materials (as the few books and DVD i bought doesnt seem to help me in any way).

I love music, but it seems i cannot make a good one.

I'm contemplating on other lessons like Frxxbxxxd fxxxxxx or bxx by A.S. but i just couldn't make the final decision what road to take.

Please help...

Thank you.

Grae

c-note
11-19-2010, 02:01 AM
First grae welcome to the row you're in the right place the course is great & I enjoy it tremendously since you're a season veteran this is definitely a good course ask ?'s any time

garyreal
11-19-2010, 02:18 AM
Thank you CNote... will keep that in mind...

SilverFlame46
11-19-2010, 07:17 AM
Hey Grae, welcome to Thunder Row. I can not recommend the TMBG Course enough. You will not be sorry if you purchase TMBG as Roy is a very fine teacher and he makes it not only easy to learn but FUN at the same time. If your Finance Officer:D is only giving you one opportunity to make a purchase, the TMBG Course is it. Good luck and I hope you decide to join the TMBG Family!!!

jthomas353
11-19-2010, 08:39 AM
Hi garyreal,

Welcome to Thunder Row. Get the TMBG course, you will not be disappointed. There are many other courses out there but they are not as comprehensive or detailed as TMBG and Roy knows his stuff and presents the material in a structured manner. They are also not as much fun. You also have a great support group here for guidance and encouragement should you need it.

Regards,
John

Elmeaux
11-19-2010, 08:42 AM
TMBG is the best thing I've ever done for my love of music.

You will succeed if you study and practice. And don't let anybody bring you down...least of all, yourself. :D

line6bassman
11-19-2010, 09:32 AM
TMBG is the best thing I've ever done for my love of music.

You will succeed if you study and practice. And don't let anybody bring you down...least of all, yourself. :D

Anybody know why I can't get to anybodys personal page to leave a message? Thanks. Can't even get to my own page.

line6bassman

Seismic
11-19-2010, 12:10 PM
If you buy one program, get the TMBG program. I bought it almost three weeks ago and even though I haven't touched a musical instrument since 1973, it has reintroduced music to me in an easy to understand and comprehensive way. I looked at a lot of DVD systems because I don't have the time to attend private lessons and none of the local colleges or universities offer beginning bass classes.

After taking the plunge, I watched about five random minutes of each of the ten DVDs. Production values are professional, the course makes sense for a rank beginner and it leads into the advanced techniques that many long time bassists could benefit from. Roy Vogt is the real deal and a pretty good instructor. He doesn't talk down or over the head of the student for a given level.

I am a hard core skeptic about do it yourself programs, books, etc. and originally wanted to do an in person class, but TMBG impresses the heck out of me. You will learn to play and then play better when you follow Roy's advice.

The only shortcoming that I can see, is that if one gets into a poor technique, there is no feedback to address picking up bad habits or poor technique. Stress self criticism when examining your technique and you'll avoid problems.

Good luck Grae!

garyreal
11-19-2010, 04:10 PM
Hi Guys...

Nice to see you around here line6bassman..

Ok,.. you got me there...

will now proceed...

see you guys later.

closing this thread.

Grae

garyreal
11-19-2010, 04:12 PM
Closing thread... now im convinced.