Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting The Band!! Whatca Think??

Default Starting The Band!! Whatca Think??

Ok my fellow TReans, I've mentioned awhile back ago that I was really trying to start a band, I now have thing progressing along now, we have a bass player, me, guitar player, who also is a bass player i'm a guitar player also and also have the drummer and a keyboard player set and ready to go as soon as we can put the timing thing together.
    What I'm trying to ask here is, how does this name for a group grab you and any suggestions? We seem so far in agreement for this name of the group but it is not set in stone yet. This is the name. SOMETHING OLD SOMETHING BLUE!! Reason for this name is because if you know me from around here from the old sock hops and loving the oldies, also I'm the oldest of the group, I'm the old (HE!He!) And the other parts of the group love the blues. The is from the marriage saying, something old something borrowed
    etc, due to friends forming a group. So it will be 60's 70's etc blues and then some.
    Ok, What you people think or how does that name grab ya??

line6bassman
    GO LOW!!!STAY HIGH!!!ON BASS THAT IS!!!

Ok, Line6... I'm willing to lean into this punch...

I get the rational and creativity behind "Something Old Something Blue", but the name doesn't float off the tongue. The name begs for a double entendre. Something old and something blue could be an hospitalized, cyanotic old geezer on oxygen, or worse.
    And in California, as with other parts of the country, NO ONE is allowed to get OLD.
    So, in keeping with your best intentions, and thinking that "preadamitic" is out of the question, perhaps... "Winter Blues", "Antique Blue", "Ice Blues", or just "Something Blues", which is my favorite.

All the best on your new venture...

Greg
    Last edited by Greg Jewell; 12-12-2010 at 11:41 PM.

Default I'll Jump In!!!

OK, line6bassman, I'll jump in with my two cents. I've always felt that the name of a group (band) suggested what the group was all about. You know the type of music the group (band) preformed. Now, if Blues is all you are into then I like Greg's suggestion, "Antique Blues", but to me that suggests you are only into Blues. So, my suggestion is to look closely at the type of music you will be preforming and start from there. Good Luck, and keep us up-to-date on your band's progress!!!
    Always remember to enjoy where you're at on the way to where you're going!!!

If you're looking to have BLUE in the name, how about Blue Horizon?

Default Thought about?

Hey, thought about OLD & BLUE, but why do I at my age (56) feel like I might drop dead with that name?? Then again we have to get it together yet, Wow!! Now I got one!! How bout since I'm the oldest and the rest of the members are in there 20's and since they'll keep me energetic, how bout STILL ALIVE!! Or just ALIVE!!! Hey!! That's a Thought???
    OK, I have to go look up something for the guitar player and the group SULTAN OF SWING, Swing, that something old and old????

line6bassman
    Last edited by line6bassman; 12-13-2010 at 08:48 AM.

How about "Too Old To Play"

....oh, sorry....that was MY band's name...

Default You're Close!!

Quote Originally Posted by Elmeaux View Post
    How about "Too Old To Play"

....oh, sorry....that was MY band's name...
    You're Close!! But not quite, I'M LIKE A ROLLING STONE!!!

LINE6BASSMAN

Or...

"The Absorbine Juniors"
    Last edited by Elmeaux; 12-13-2010 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by elmeaux View Post
    or...

"absorbine juniors"
    oh that hurtSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

Default I'll believe it when I see it!!

Yaba Daba Do!!!!!!!!!!! I first started this thread on 12/12/2010 about starting the band,
    and it now seems like our first practice is this Saturday!! But still I'll believe it when I see it and if I do I'm going to make some kind of video, it might not be a great video or sound but you'll be able to believe it with me!!! And will be just having fun. So again
    YABA DABA DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We'll just be having 3 of us to start, bass, (me) guitar and drummer than a rhythm guitar and keyboard player coming at a later date, but maybe even Saturday not sure yet, but maybe we'll be GRANDFUNK for the day!!! So just hoping nothing else holds this up. NOW MY FUN DELIEMMA !!! Yes I'm having alot of fun with this dilemma!!! Anybody else here that is a little more advance that could help me
    in this are ever had this issue on how to fix this you maybe able to help me out here.
    Just one problem, I don't know if I want to fix it. Check out our first song were doing and I'll tell you about it at the bottom or a reply post about want I'm not sure I want to fix is.

Alright here it is, I'm practice the bass lines for this song right now and the bass line is really simple but Line6bassman has never played a song ever totally straight through like
    the groups do it. And that's been since the 80's. I'm playing the lines and then Linebassmans style go's into the song makin different fills etc and I can't stop doing it. I've just developed my own style through the years and I guess that's the way it is.
    So let me see if I can slow myself down. But even with what I do play you still know the songs and I've never had any complaints about what I do play. So let me go try this again. This is really crazy but I'm having a blast being crazy over this!!!

Line6bassman
    Last edited by line6bassman; 08-22-2011 at 09:50 PM.