11 73.33%
  • Other

2 13.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's Your Pleasure...?

Quote Originally Posted by jthomas353 View Post
    Elmeaux,

How about some more song collaborations like we did with slejhamer? Remember, the Blues Jazz song.

John

Oooh, I like this one. I'll mark it on the TO-DO list.

I am already thinking of some other ideas we can vote on too, but it only allows ten choices at once, so after we tabulate these results, I'll swap out these options for the new ones.
    Last edited by Elmeaux; 12-24-2010 at 02:30 PM.

Default Bump

More votes. More Vogts?

If we don't get plenty of feedback, I'll be posting Slim Whitman videos for the first three months of the new year.

Give it some time (bump it up in a few days/weeks).

It's all about timing, the forums seem pretty inactive during the weekends and now with the holidays people tend to spent less time on forums (with the exception of some addicts like us )

Even the spammers are less active during these days (I guess because many "zombies" are switched off compared to other days during the year).
    Fender 2012 American Standard Precision Bass (Left-handed)
    Fender '59 Bassman LTD.

Funny, I was just thinking it was time for another jam, esp. since I haven't touched my bass in over a month. But I got some new recording/mixing software (Mixcraft by Acoustica, it's like GarageBand but for Windows based computers) and can make my own backing tracks!

Here's my idea for the forum: FIX IT so that basic things like links to the articles work!!! It is FRUSTRATING. And get Ed's posts to show up ONCE, not somewhere between four and eight times. He's your biggest spammer!

Quote Originally Posted by slejhamer View Post
    Here's my idea for the forum: FIX IT so that basic things like links to the articles work!!! It is FRUSTRATING.
    The problem is that it's not sure what it wrong with the forum software. And from what I understand the developers of the software were or are not that helpful in fixing it.

I am more than willing to look into this but that requires FTP access to their servers and that's something for TLD to decide. And to be honest I would also be reluctant to share that information with a stranger (which I basically am to TLD).
    And there is no guarantee that I am able to fix it, even if I had FTP access.

Maybe the person who fixed the problems last time can jump in ?
    Fender '59 Bassman LTD.

Default This Poll is RIGGED!

I can prove it! Look how few votes I'm getting! It's a plot by a certain power-crazed fuzzy red rodent to discredit me...I'm taking this up with a Higher Power. (Pause) ASHLEYYYY!
    Sir Ralph

Default Test

New Title for Sir Ralph

Don't bother to call for Ashley. She thought we should've left your name off altogether...

Besides, if I know you, you'd show up whether anybody voted for you or not.

- signed

The Red Rodent

Another item for the wish-list:

More lessons from Roy, but on actual songs rather than technique and other stuff. (Of course, they should be songs that emphasize technique or music theory or other learning elements, not just throwing up a tab.)

Quote Originally Posted by slejhamer View Post
    More lessons from Roy, but on actual songs rather than technique and other stuff.
    I am no expert on the subject, but I think this is something that they cannot do because of Copyright Issues.
    Roy and TLD cannot just post the music from a song (let's use "High Voltage" by AC/DC for example). They will need to ask permission from the copyright holders.

But, what he might be able to do is, write his own bass-line for that song and use that one in his lessons.

I know a guy who plays Guitar in a cover band and they need to pay copyrights (to an organization known as SABAM here) who provides the royalties to the copyright holders.

But maybe Ed or Roy can shed some more light on this.
    I would 2nd this in a vote though because I agree that it would be a good thing to have some lessons based on actual songs you like.
    Fender '59 Bassman LTD.