Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mr Wiley And His Kingman

Default Article: Mr Wiley And His Kingman

Last edited by Elmeaux; 12-29-2010 at 03:54 PM.

- low life -

Hi to everyone,
    I am very pleased to be part of this forum and hope to participate in discussions if I am able to,and, hopefully keep quiet when I should/need to.
    I look forward to coming to know the members as well as can be.
    Thanks and see you around,
    Richard

Default Welcome!!!

Hi Richard and welcome to Thunder Row and TMBG. We are happy to have you join our family. I am not an expert on the physical makeup of the Bass Guitar so the below link may help you a little on your fret buzz question. There are a lot of other websites that may help to answer your question also. Just Goggle acoustic bass guitar fret buzz and you will be amazed as to what you will find. Good Luck!!!

http://homerecording.com/bbs/equipment-forums/electric-guitars-basses/acoustic-guitar-fret-buzz-1st-three-frets-266855/
    Always remember to enjoy where you're at on the way to where you're going!!!

Richard, Welcome to the Row.

I'm not an expert (still very much a novice when it comes to the bass) but I think a reason for the fret buzz might be that you fret at the wrong location (As Roy mentions in the TMBG course it's best to fret as close to the fret as possible, if you look at the DVD lesson you'll notice that it almost looks like Roy is putting his fingers on the frets so that's how close you should play).
    Also since it's the lower strings (A and E) it's possible that you need to push the strings down a bit harder (or use a lighter gauge of strings as what some people advise newbies).
    I also had fret buzz when I started the TMBG course but with some practice and guidance of Roy (he explains it pretty good on the DVD Lessons) it started to sound better.

I hope this was at least a bit helpful.

Good Luck with your new favorite hobby

Thank you very much for the sugesstions Patrick and SilverFlame46.
    Actually I messed up right away because it is the A and the G string that buzz. I am going to use the wording you provided 46, I think my search wording was confusing. I plan to look at the videos and the finger placements before making any changes - Thanks again for the advice and I will take it to heart.
    Richard

Default Welcome Mr. Wiley!!!

Welcome Mr. Wiley!!! From one young oldtimer to the other!! I'm excited to see you here!! Have fun with the course!!

line6bassman
    GO LOW!!!STAY HIGH!!!ON BASS THAT IS!!!

Hello, Wiley - Welcome home to the Row. Good to have you with us!
    Ed.

Richard, I see you are nearby; I live in Ashburn VA. Be happy to take a look at your bass and help identify the source of the buzzing. Or I can hook you up with a good professional guitar tech in Herndon. Let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by line6bassman View Post
    Welcome Mr. Wiley!!! From one young oldtimer to the other!! I'm excited to see you here!! Have fun with the course!!

line6bassman
    linebassman I tried my best to give a yes nod to "friendship". I hope it went through ok as I found it a little confusing to make the correct clicks.
    Richard

Default Get together

Quote Originally Posted by slejhamer View Post
    Richard, I see you are nearby; I live in Ashburn VA. Be happy to take a look at your bass and help identify the source of the buzzing. Or I can hook you up with a good professional guitar tech in Herndon. Let me know.
    Thanks for the offer and I would like very much to meet up with you and have a look at my new Kingman. If I am livin' right maybe even a couple pointers for this ole newby at the bass. Maybe we can meet after the busy holidays?

Thanks for the nice welcome from you and slejhamer as well as all the other great folks here at the row.
    Richard
    Last edited by Elmeaux; 12-27-2010 at 09:52 PM.