Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forum problems solved !

Default Forum problems solved !

I've been working with David and Elmeaux on solving the problems with the forums (the not working links and QUOTE code that kept coming up in CMS replies).
    And we are happy to report that these problems are finally fixed.

If you still have problems (those mentioned here or other) don't hesitate to contact us and we'll see what we can do to fix it.
    Fender 2012 American Standard Precision Bass (Left-handed)
    Fender '59 Bassman LTD.

Can you get people's animated avatars to animate again?

Thank Ya, Thank Ya, Thank Ya. The problems you mentioned were very irritating. Lets hear it for Patrick, Elmeaux and David!!!
    Always remember to enjoy where you're at on the way to where you're going!!!

Quote Originally Posted by patrick View Post
    I've been working with David and Elmeaux on solving the problems with the forums
    I was in charge of getting the coffee, and sticking bobby pins into electric outlets whenever Patrick said, "Now!"

He told me it would help.

It should be working.

But I think you'll need to upload it again to get it working (animated GIF).
    So if you wanna try go ahead and let me know if it works.
    If it doesn't I will need to investigate further.
    Fender '59 Bassman LTD.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmeaux View Post
    I was in charge of getting the coffee, and sticking bobby pins into electric outlets whenever Patrick said, "Now!"

He told me it would help.

Hey, It worked didn't it
    Fender '59 Bassman LTD.

Patrick, Elmeaux and David,

Thank you, thank you, thank you for your diligence and hard work. I'm glad this is finally fixed. I'll try my avatar again and see if it works also. Look for the bass playing turtle on a forum near you soon.

Thanks,
    John

Has there been a test post from Ed yet? You know, one with a dead article link that gets posted 4,5,6 different times?

Thanks Patrick and crew!

Quote Originally Posted by slejhamer View Post
    Has there been a test post from Ed yet? You know, one with a dead article link that gets posted 4,5,6 different times?
    Well, Ed is pretty busy at the moment and I don't think he posted an article yet. But I did and so did Elmeaux and those worked fine so there should be no reason to assume it doesn't work for Ed.

If you are looking for our test articles, you won't find them because I deleted them (being tests after all).
    Fender '59 Bassman LTD.

The glitch he's talking about is the one where - when you create a new article - any time you edit and re-save the text, it generates a fresh "New Post" entry. So during the editing of a typical article, if you edit-save edit-save edit-save ten times or so, you'll get ten separate posts rather than simply ONE with its amendments.

It's happened to me - I usually just go and delete the older ones so the the final one's the only one that remains.