Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forum problems solved !

A-ha. Interesting little glitch.

Well, anyway, thanks for granting me my wish for the forum so quickly! I shall post another and we'll see what happens!

Quote Originally Posted by patrick View Post
    It should be working.

But I think you'll need to upload it again to get it working (animated GIF).
    So if you wanna try go ahead and let me know if it works.
    If it doesn't I will need to investigate further.

I don't use an animation myself, but a few poeple do. So far, nothing's changed. The profile picture animates properly, but not when displayed as an avatar. I tried reloading a member's animated avatar GIF. Bupkes.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmeaux View Post
    The glitch he's talking about is the one where - when you create a new article - any time you edit and re-save the text, it generates a fresh "New Post" entry. So during the editing of a typical article, if you edit-save edit-save edit-save ten times or so, you'll get ten separate posts rather than simply ONE with its amendments.

It's happened to me - I usually just go and delete the older ones so the the final one's the only one that remains.
    Hmm, that should not happen.
    Do you use "Save" op "Apply" when editing the Article ?
    Maybe it's related to one of these options ?

Also, the "SEO URL Alias" should be modified to be able to create a new article and when you edit the SEO URL Alias stays the same so this should prevent a duplicate of the article being created.
    Fender 2012 American Standard Precision Bass (Left-handed)
    Fender '59 Bassman LTD.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmeaux View Post
    I don't use an animation myself, but a few poeple do. So far, nothing's changed. The profile picture animates properly, but not when displayed as an avatar. I tried reloading a member's animated avatar GIF. Bupkes.
    Same problem here. The profile pic is animated but not the avatar. I've reloaded both.

John

I do a mix - sometimes I hit SAVE and sometimes APPLY, so I can't say if it happens on both

LOL, the first time I saw it, it had created about 24 versions of something I published. Fortunately, it was the middle of the night, and nobody else saw them.

You can actually follow the progress of an article-edit from its first iteration to its final version by reading the posts from oldest to newest.

Since then, I do most of my editing in WORD, and then just do a paste job into the article window. I might have to make one or two minor corrections, but at least I don't have to delete 24 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by jthomas353 View Post
    Same problem here. The profile pic is animated but not the avatar. I've reloaded both.

John
    With "reload" you mean reload the website (refresh browser cache) or actually upload the animated GIF again ?

I think the forum software automatically "transforms" an animated GIF into a standard non-automated one so it will need to be uploaded again. And I'm not sure about browser cache.

I'm in the middle of something here at the moment, so I cannot look into this but I'll try to have a look at it when I have some more time.
    Fender '59 Bassman LTD.

I did a quick search on the problem and I found this :

If your animated avatars are larger than the size allowed, they will be resized and no longer be animated.
    The size limit for Avatars on theser forums is 80x80 (pixels) so unless your animated Avatar is 80x80 or smaller it will NOT be animated.

So for the ones having problems, check the size and upload again.
    Fender '59 Bassman LTD.