Thread: Welcome to Thunder Row!

Lane on Bass Guest

Default Welcome to Thunder Row!

Greetings and welcome to Thunder Row! I hope you’re as excited as I am to be here. As I’ve said elsewhere, Roy is one of my closest long-term friends, and I’m thrilled to be a part of Thunder Row and Teach Me Bass Guitar.

For those who don’t know me, I’m Lane Baldwin, known in the Bass World as Lane on Bass. I don’t want to waste your time telling you everything about me. If you want to know more, please feel free to check out my Lane on Bass web site, as well as the site for my band, Deeper Blues. You’re also welcome to sign up for my newsletter, Twitter feed, MySpace and You Tube sites.

As far as I’m concerned, Teach Me Bass Guitar is by far the best course of bass guitar instruction on the planet. If you haven’t already gotten your copy and would like to know more about this amazing course, check out my review on my web site.

As you browse around the site, you’ll find tons of useful information, including lessons, articles, videos and more. You’ll also find plenty of entertainment in the form of Bass Jokes, player interviews, and much more. We only recently launched the site, but we’ll continue to add new content regularly.

One of the main features of Thunder Row is our forum. This is where we all get to hang out together to get to know each other, learn from each other, and keep each other updated on our activities. If you are a Teach Me Bass Guitar student, you can use the Secret Code that came with your course to unlock Chateau Groove, which is our private lounge. This is where you get to talk to Roy directly, asking questions, uploading progress videos for his feedback, as well as feedback from other Teach Me Bass guitar students.

Keep this one thing firmly in your mind: This is YOUR community. We want you to help us make this the best Bass Guitar community on the web. So please feel free to send comments and suggestions. While we may not be able to implement every idea, we will certainly read every email you send.

So. Welcome to Thunder Row. I look forward to getting to know you better. Remember to practice daily. And today – and every day

Keep Thumpin’!

Lane on Bass
    Last edited by Lane on Bass; 02-07-2010 at 04:28 AM.

Lane

Congratulations on the new site.

Have been working on my copy of TMBG. Although playing for many years, and lessons in the past, TMBG is filling in the holes that are missing.

The course is very well done, easy to follow and understand, and I can work at my pace.

Ray

Bass4Gsus
    Last edited by Bass4Gsus; 03-17-2010 at 10:08 PM.

Lane on Bass Guest

Welcome, Ray. And thanks for emailing me about not seeing the special forum for TMBG students. You should be able to see it now.

I discovered that there is a step I have to take for every TMBG student that registers. I have now combed through all the registrations and completed that step for all students I found.

SPECIAL NOTE: If you are a Teach Me Bass Guitar (TMBG) owner, there is a special code on the inside flap of the course package. You have to enter that code into your profile. Then, _I_ have to check a box. If you cannot see the second ASK ROY forum, send me an email and I'll check your profile.

Anyhoo.... welcome again, Ray.

OK... who's next?

Garden City, MI (Standing in the Shadows of Motown!)

I'm an "old dog" who's retired, come back, retired, come back, retired and come back again... all by the age of 32

(Can you call yourself an "old dog" at 32?)

I've never had formal bass instruction, but have always tried to surround myself with excellent musicians - using the old "growth by association" format, you could say. Still, while my ears, heart, and soul seem to always find better music, my hands and head just can't keep up. So I'm here to connect the dots.

Tonight's my first night with TMBG, and I'm takin' the barbeque approach - low and slow baby! I'm already finding questions in the first lesson, so it just goes to show that even the veterans can always learn somethin'.

Cheers to Thunder Row, and TMBG! Looking forward to spending some time with you folks in the "Chateau".

Mike Heugel
    a.k.a. "Ground Pounder"

(yeah, yeah... I know there's a typo in my login name )

Lane on Bass Guest

Welcome, Mike! And, yes, based on your history, if you want to call yourself an Old Dog, you certainly qualify!

If you want me to see if I can correct your log-in ID, send me an email at lane AT laneonbass DOT com. I don't want to try until you say so.

Your method with TMBG is the best one, IMO. Take the time to really let it soak in. Feel free to ask questions and offer your perspective on the course, OK?

Again... welcome to Thunder Row!