Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Article: Well BOW Me Down!!

Default Article: Well BOW Me Down!!

- low life -

Curiously, I bought one of these just a few days ago for my electric guitar. Haven't even had a chance to fire it up yet, and certainly hadn't thought of playing bass with it. But it could come in very handy on the bottom end ...

You bought one? What a coinky-dink.

What did you pay for it? I thought I saw about $70.00.

Very interesting. Looks like this may be fun to try!!!

5. Default

what?! I want one!

Knock yourself out. A little more expensive than I thought, but maybe they'd be cheaper at your local music store.

http://www.amazon.com/Heet-Sound-Plu...488203&sr=8-1\

Oh...and welcome, Newcomer!! Enjoy the course and the Row!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Elmeaux View Post
    You bought one? What a coinky-dink.

What did you pay for it? I thought I saw about $70.00.
    Looks like most websites (Guitar Center, Amazon, Musicians Friend, etc.) are selling it for $99.95!!!
    Always remember to enjoy where you're at on the way to where you're going!!!

Quote Originally Posted by slejhamer View Post
    certainly hadn't thought of playing bass with it. But it could come in very handy on the bottom end ...
    According to the website, it was designed for the spacing of electric guitar strings, so using it on bass requires a little extra care about placement of the "drive channels" that align with the strings...but (as the videos demonstrate) it's not the hardest thing in the world to master on bass. Just a matter of keeping the correct alignment with your fingers and such.

I sense that due to the serious amount of interest in it from bassists, they're bound to create a bass-specific version soon enough.

What I would do if I had the cash would be to get one - as is - learn to use it from the bass videos shown online, and then sell it used if/when they came out with a bass-specific model.

I never pay full retail. I buy used or wait until I can swing a discount. In this case, brand new for US$79. On ebay they are regularly going for $60 or more for the newer "plus" version. For the small difference I'd rather have the warranty and 30-day return window.

Anyway, I do a lot of volume swells and effects-laden stuff in church (my guitar ends up sounding like a synthesizer sometimes!), and someone told me about the ebow and suggested I add it to my bag of tricks. It will see limited use but I can already anticipate using it in a few of our songs, if only for the intros and such.

If it sounds good on bass I'll try to get a cello-like sound for some slower songs. Could be quite cool, if I get it to work right!

10. Default

I can't wait to acquire one for intro's to my bands songs. we use a lot of native sounding instruments and I love the cello/sitar sound it makes on the bass. so psyched to get one! so ebay is the cheapest place so far?

I enjoy ordering from amazon.com but if I can get it for $30 cheaper I will definitely bid on one!