Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Article: Well BOW Me Down!!

I've never used Ebay. Is the stuff there new or used? Not sure I'd buy a used Ebow online, especially because I couldn't hold it in my hand first...

- low life -

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Elmeaux View Post
    Is the stuff there new or used? .
    Yes.

Used the e-bow for the first time last night. Had not practiced with it before, but I watched a few 'how to' videos and more-or-less knew what to expect.

First thing I noticed is that it produces a TON of gain. I turned the guitar's volume down to 3 and still had to use my volume pedal to cut it further.

While I was noodling around, someone said it sounded like a whale's mating call. To which I asked, "how would you know?"

Once I got used to it, it was fairly easy to use. During the one song I used it on, I kept angling it too much or pulling back too far from the pickup and I'd lose all the sound, but by the end of the song I had it mostly under control.

My guitar pedalboard was set to what I call the "shiver" setting, which is a compressed clean tone with tremolo, chorus and delay - very atmospheric. The e-bow worked exceedingly well with this.

Me like!