+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Memorizing the fretboard

Quote Originally Posted by bronsonelliott View Post
    This one shows up as a dead link...I suspect it's because of the shortening of the url in the post.

2. Default

Sorry about that. Let's try this one:

http://goo.gl/MauTQ
    Fender Standard Precision | Ibanez GSR200 | Acoustic B450 amp

When you begin to play scales all over the fingerboard you'll start to memorize the frets. Just remember as you learn each major to play them at multiple positions because it will make things and practice much easier. PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE.

Talking

wow...

This is what I was looking for to help me with the notes. thanks for posting this, I really appreciate it

Joel

5. Default post #2 of 5

I need 5 posts just to view attachments and links and I only have 1 so far, so here we go...

6. Default post #3 of 5

I need 5 posts just to view attachments and links and I only have 1 so far, so here we go...

7. Default post #4 of 5

8. Default post #5 of 5

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    When you begin to play scales all over the fingerboard you'll start to memorize the frets. Just remember as you learn each major to play them at multiple positions because it will make things and practice much easier. PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE.
    YES YES YES! Exactly. I know this from 40+ years as a professional trombonist (AFM47 & 7 aka Local "D")

I would add that my experience is that I need to say the notes out loud when practicing the scales on my bass, especially chromatic counting as sharps going up and and flats going down. It feels a little silly when you first do it, so I always do it when I know I am alone (blush). But it does make the association stick in your head better if you say them out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by rculver00 View Post
    Glad to have you aboard, rculver00.

You don't have to make blank posts just to get your count up. We also encourage you to participate as a member of the family. You purchased the course. This is your forum. How are your lessons going? What are your goals?

LOL, it doesn't have to be hit and run.

Have some fun here!!

- low life -

+ Reply to Thread