Thread: Tobiasman checking in

Default Tobiasman checking in

Purchased Roy's DVDs a while ago and I've been hanging around here for some time now, but just got around to signing up. I've been playing for about 30 years now, but there's lots I don't know and more than a few bad habits that I've picked up over the years - working on correcting them now. Played piano, 4 string tenor guitar, 6 string classical and finally came home to bass. Started on it in college (about 1961) when my room mate brought his Beatle bass but decided he wanted to learn the trombone, so I picked up his bass. Didn't buy my first bass (the Fender) until 1980 and have been suffering GAS ever since. BTW, buying gear only reduces it for just a short while.

Obviously, I play a Tobias (Killer B6), but also have an MTD 535 fretless and a 72 Fender Precision. My rig is all Eden gear, but I'm watching David's new DNA developments very closely.

I play primarily in a worship band at church (two guitars, keys, drums, bass and periodically percussion, sax or a flute), but we play out several times a year. When we're finished our practices, it always moves into a long blues session.

Welcome, its inspiring to see experienced people are right here beside the new folks like me.

Nice to have you here! Keep us up with what you're doing.

Welcome aboard Tobiasman, its nice to have you here! Looking forward to drawing from your experience.