+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Just Another Bass Related Website???

Default Just Another Bass Related Website???

Just another bass related website? Probably to everyone else, but for me it is not. What website am I talking about? “Let’s Play Bass” of course!!! I can hear you saying to yourselves right about now, “Never heard of it!”, and you are right because I just created it. I love the Bass Guitar and I’ve always wanted to create a website to show my affection to this wonderful instrument and to provide another avenue of discussion about the Bass Guitar in hopes of being an incentive for others as the “Thunder Row” discussion forums have been to me. So, if you want to check it out just click here http://www.silverflame46.com and take a look. This website is just my way of showing my love for the Bass Guitar!!!

PS: A "Thunder Row" Member and TMBG Student found my website before I officially announced it. That would be Elmeaux of course. Keen eyesight, Elmeaux!!! About a week ago I added my website address to my signature line on "Thunder Row" in preparation of launching the website and I assume that is how she found it. I had several tweaks I was working on but since Elmeaux found it and became a member I thought I would announce it now. Thanks, Elmeaux for becoming the first member of my website (besides me)!!!
    Last edited by SilverFlame46; 05-26-2011 at 07:05 AM.
    Always remember to enjoy where you're at on the way to where you're going!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFlame46 View Post
    PS: A "Thunder Row" Member and TMBG Student found my website before I officially announced it. That would be Elmeaux of course. Keen eyesight, Elmeaux!!! About a week ago I added my website address to my signature line on "Thunder Row" in preparation of launching the website and I assume that is how she found it. I had several tweaks I was working on but since Elmeaux found it and became a member I thought I would announce it now. Thanks, Elmeaux for becoming the first member of my website (besides me)!!!
    Actually, I found it through the fancy little tracking mechanism I put up on my own new site. You added my site as a link on yours. The tracker keeps me informed of when I have been added as a link to someone's page.

Once it let me know, I visited and signed up!! YAY!!

We have a couple of new sites among us and I love them all. Yours has a user forum, too! I was going to put a forum on mine, but then I tried to imagine myself working on Thunder Row AND my own forum at the same. Then I broke out in a cold sweat and shut down MY forum.

Member sites are great!! Never can have too many bass or TMBG sites!!!

- low life -

Thumbs up Nice Website, SilverFlame!

Very thoughtfully laid out and organized.
    Hopefully you'll add a video of your putting one those basses through its paces.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmeaux View Post
    Actually, I found it through the fancy little tracking mechanism I put up on my own new site. You added my site as a link on yours. The tracker keeps me informed of when I have been added as a link to someone's page.

Once it let me know, I visited and signed up!! YAY!!
    Very interesting!!! Where can I find this fancy little tracking mechanism? And Thanks for becoming a member of my site and signing the guest book. It is very much appreciated!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bassix View Post
    Very thoughtfully laid out and organized.
    Hopefully you'll add a video of your putting one those basses through its paces.
    Thanks, Bassix. The only video recorder I have is my webcam and it just doesn't do a very good job. One day I'll get the proper recording equipment and then I'll go for it. For now I'll just stick with the couple of audio tracks I've posted!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFlame46 View Post
    Very interesting!!! Where can I find this fancy little tracking mechanism? And Thanks for becoming a member of my site and signing the guest book. It is very much appreciated!!!

Google Analytics.

It gives you reports on how well your site is doing...based on the country/region where the visitor comes from, some info on which browser/OS is being used, and how you found the site, etc. It shows which pages on your site are more popular than others, so you can design and update to meet the needs of your guests, etc.

Don't worry, it gives no IPs or personal data...just standard tracking of activity. Pretty much every web page you visit will be doing this.

Best of all, it tells you HOW people find you...whether through search engines, referrals from other sites such as YouTube, or whatever.

And it told me that some hits were coming from a link from your page.

So I visited.

http://www.google.com/analytics/

It will give you a bunch of info on a code to have to embed in your pages, but you don't really have to. As soon as it knows your URL, it goes to work. It embeds the code itself and starts tracking activity page by page.

It can take a couple of days for the tracking to start up, so be patient.

- low life -

+ Reply to Thread