Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GETTING THE WORD OUT

1. Default

Getting the product in places like Guitar Center and similar outlets would get eyeballs on the product. Not sure how you separate it from the other instructional material available unless you create a display for it.

What about other traditional outlets such as Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy, etc.?

Or the partnering idea JustJazz had - offer a TMBG + bass bundle.

Could also look into sponsor endorsements. I suppose that could get costly but when people looking to learn bass guitar visit the websites of these famous bass players, having TMBG there would definitely drive traffic.

Just throwing out ideas as I think of them. I'll keep thinking about this and ask a few other people who are smarter than me that they think.

I don't know if it is a good idea or not , or if it could be associated with the "advertising" idea, but I am always looking for apps for my android that are associated with the bass. There is not a lot out there and everybody is heading that way. (Smart phones that is) You could put stuff on there like, a variety of scale patterns (major, minor, etc) , metronome ( even a kick, snare and high hat version)... possibly even little games to reading/ identifying notes on sheet music or being able to locate them on a picture of a fretboard.... Sorry for the ramble...just spit-balling.!

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by n541379 View Post
    I don't know if it is a good idea or not , or if it could be associated with the "advertising" idea, but I am always looking for apps for my android that are associated with the bass. There is not a lot out there and everybody is heading that way. (Smart phones that is) You could put stuff on there like, a variety of scale patterns (major, minor, etc) , metronome ( even a kick, snare and high hat version)... possibly even little games to reading/ identifying notes on sheet music or being able to locate them on a picture of a fretboard.... Sorry for the ramble...just spit-balling.!
    Just to expand on that idea, perhaps selling the TMBG series in the iTunes store. Might expose the course to those who may not know how to find the website and look to iTunes for options.
    Fender Standard Precision | Ibanez GSR200 | Acoustic B450 amp

Great ideas, folks. Keep 'em coming!
    Ed.

Open a TMBG store on Amazon?

- low life -

Let's not discount our own impact on the TMBG product.

During the 8 years I was performing Disneyland (Anaheim) I had numerous people come up between or after sets and ask all sorts of questions. Whenever I speak about my learning and becoming more proficient on the electric bass I mention TMBG and how it has helped me develop my proficiency on the instrument as well as being fun to do.

The most powerful and productive advertising is word of mouth because the average person puts more weight on a personal endorsement, followed by written reviews, TV ads and at the bottom of the food chain; Info-mercials.

So after people tell me what an absolutely amazing bass player I am <--- tongue firmly in cheek LOL, I tell them how TMBG has helped me not only increase my competence as a bassist, but how much fun it is to do.

My goal is to be the best Bassist I can, but I will be happy if I can just make the rest of my neighbors think there is a freak thunderstorm occurring when I practice LOL