Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GETTING THE WORD OUT

Quote Originally Posted by DONNIE B View Post
    and feel the thunder .

Right on! Gotta appeal to their drive!!

You've played bass in Rockband...are you ready to play bass in a real Rock Band?

The poster could have a picture of the Rockband P bass next to a real Fender P.

Heh, heh...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mad Katz.jpg 
Views:	300 
Size:	8.3 KB 
ID:	987Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P Bass.jpg 
Views:	292 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	986

Once people see that big ole P Bass with actual strings and electronics on it, how could they NOT take the next step?

PS...this is just ONE idea. Does anybody have anything in a different vein?

Let's keep the brainstorming going!!

Last edited by Elmeaux; 07-12-2011 at 09:44 AM.

- low life -

Well, you can't say we're not responsive to thoughtful, constructive criticism. I direct your attention to the lower left-hand corner of www.teachmebassguitar.com.
    Now, on to the next steps, how do we get TMBG into schools, colleges, churches, etc.? Comments from pastors, worship-leaders and teachers especially encouraged!
    Thanks! David

3. Default

You could donate a few copies to select schools and see how the instructors could incorporate TMBG into their curriculum. You would in essence be building an army of bass students taught via the TMBG method who would then become advocates of the method and recommend the product to others they talk to.

Donate? Or do you mean something like letting them buy an educational license for their classrooms?

5. Default

Perhaps both. I work at a tax software company and we donate a lot of software to colleges and institutions so that their students learn using our software so that when they open their own practice, they are already familiar with our product and don't have to relearn something new.

The theory is that we are "creating" our own customers.

How about partnering with an instrument maker, perhaps Carvin, and bundling the product at POS? I mention Carvin because
    1) I am a Carvin guy and
    2) Roy has an existing relationship with Carvin, so it just makes sense.

Just my personal assessment here, but TMBG is a high end quality product that is most appealing to the serious musician wanting to hone their bass playing skill set to the next level.

Just a thought

This program is awesome. I played casually many, many moons ago, and this is just what the doctor ordered. I have caught up to speed and play on our worship team in a very short time. ... I don't know about universities, I am the pastor at a small church, and I believe this product would be appealing to many in worship team development as well as possibly community outreach opportunities. I don't know the cost of this for advertisement...pastorresources dot com...(see ad info link at page bottom) but it gets used a lot, for sure.
    I would really suggest harnessing the power of your affiliate program. Most ministers belong to local associations and they are often happy to accommodate something being presented if it is useful, if I were an affiliated sales minded person it would be worth the time to look into these opportunities on a local or regional level, and it is quite effective both in terms of cost and sales. Demonstration and hands on "events" are also quite popular and can be done as hosted by local enthusiastic churches, again cost effective if handled on an affiliate basis. My thoughts, for what they are worth

Fantastic ideas, everyone! Keep 'em coming!
    And thanks!
    David

I also remember attending "video conferences" a few times, something like imeet dot com (@70$ a month I think and global). Maybe label it as a free introduction and get or develop a targeted e-mail list and invite your target audience to an "excluisive" live demo/Q&A, and maybe announce that you will give away a copy or two to random attendees as an enticement.

Back when I was a pilot, I used to work with the Boy Scouts. The troop would pay the owner for use of the plane, and I provided my services for free.

The Boy and Girl Scout programs might be a good place to look for students - they are always interested in things for the kids to do.