Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Profile Pictures vs. Avatars

Default Profile Pictures vs. Avatars

Ralph jokes aside (almost feeling sorry for the guy), I'm just curious why this forum allows profile pictures but not avatars?
    "Everybody got to elevate from the norm!"

Sparkly Blue Sterling by MusicMan with TI Jazz Flats
    30" Shell Pink Jaz-O-Lounger with Rotosound Tapewounds
    Genz Benz Shuttle 3.0 Head
    Gallien Krueger 112 Neo II Cab

Tucson, AZ- Avatar on the Continental Divide adjacent to the Acoma Pueblo Res

Default Good Question

and one that would go hand and hand with this...why is our optional profile picture not posted on the forums like that of our mentor Roy's? I've found no option to do so, and by the looks of other forum members' posts, neither have they.

Default Icons and Avatars

I think it all boils down to jealousy (Ralph and Healthcliff's). We'll see what we can do.
    Ed.

Default Duh?

Well, that makes a lot of sense? Is that suppose to be funny? Think I'll ask for my money back!!! until a more inteligence response is provided by an administrator? Am I missing something here? I jist a newbee boss.

Quote Originally Posted by kenkarle View Post
    Well, that makes a lot of sense? Is that suppose to be funny? Think I'll ask for my money back!!! until a more inteligence response is provided by an administrator? Am I missing something here? I jist a newbee boss.
    Whoa, loosen-up kenkarle!You missed something alright, Ed was just saying he will check into the questions and get an answer. Here, at Thunder Row, we all try to have fun and one way we do that is to use Ralph as a humor gizmo. You know keep things loose and fun. Ed will get an answer for you because the people at Thunder Row and TMBG take care of their members in a way that I have not seen done in a very long time. So, when Ed gets the answer he will let you know. In the meantime I would like to welcome you to Thunder Row and let you know that you are part of the family!!!
    Always remember to enjoy where you're at on the way to where you're going!!!

I agree. It's okay, Brother. Please don't get upset. We love ya.

Default Evil Avatar

I didn’t write that. It was my evil avatar, Karle. I’ve since locked him in his room until he successfully completes all twenty lessons.
    Ken

Default Even Tekkies Take a Break

My apologies. I don't mean to be flippant in my response to questions. Fact is, our Tech Master Guru is on holiday and, being just a simple scribe, I would have to push buttons and things I'm not authorized to do. That said, I notice both Elmeaux and SilverFlame have avatars, could you veterans explain the process for Karle (and me as well!)?

Your help is greatly appreciated!
    Ed.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by TLDTR View Post
    That said, I notice both Elmeaux and SilverFlame have avatars, could you veterans explain the process for Karle (and me as well!)?

Your help is greatly appreciated!
    Ed.
    OK Ed and Ken, in an effort to not look like I didn't know what I was talking about I went to Webster's Book (or in this case his cousin) for help and this is what he said, Avatar: computing image of person in virtual reality: a movable three-dimensional image that can be used to represent somebody in cyberspace, for example, an Internet user (Encarta ® World English Dictionary © & (P) 1998-2004 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.). So with that definition in mind I don't think mine is an avatar because it is a non-movable cartoon photo of a bass guitar player. But, all I did to add this to my profile was go to settings and use the profile photo link. Now, I think a true avatar is used by JeffB so maybe he could assist more than I can. Hope this helped but that is just about all I can contribute on this subject. OK, JeffB you take it from here!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kenkarle View Post
    I didn’t write that. It was my evil avatar, Karle. I’ve since locked him in his room until he successfully completes all twenty lessons.
    Ken
    So you kinda have a RALPH also!!!