Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Friday's Chat With Roy

Smile Friday's Chat With Roy

Just a little note to say thanks for the first CHAT WITH ROY event. He shared with us some of his experiences with such notables as Chet Atkins and Engelbert Humperdinck. Now how diverse is that?! I learned he actually played a show in my own city with E.H. some years ago.

We also learned of Roy's upcoming foray into Punk music, and got some recommendations about young, upcoming talents to watch out for! The man has a true and sincere interest in young talent, and it shines though clearly in his devotion to their cause.

Conversation ran the gauntlet - how we're progressing with our lessons, musicians who have earned our admiration, fretless basses, strings, types of instruments we own, music we like to play, and patting our heads while rubbing our stomachs - otherwise known as trying to sing while playing the bass at the same time! (Roy confided in us that he uses his singing talents only in self defence - when he's in a tight situation)

If you missed it, he will be participating in this type of thing again. Scheduling to be determined.

Thanks to Roy and the chat-mates. A special evening to be remembered fondly.

Thumbs up A Great Learning Experience!

I agree with everything you said, Elmeaux! It was a great evening of Chat with Roy, and as I said during the chat, "Anytime Roy is in the Chat Room I actually consider it a CLASSROOM because you are able to learn so much." You are able to ask questions, get answers and participate in discussions. I even took notes for future use. Can't beat that! Thanks Roy for caring enough about your students to schedule these chat times!!!

Dang, I missed it.

Default Me Too!

Yea, I missed it too, next time we really need to make a post reminder of when this is going to happen. Lots of reminders!!

line6bassman

Tsk, tsk, you two. Oh well...don't beat yourselves up. Ralph didn't make it either, so...

Elmeaux posted:

. . . Oh well...don't beat yourselves up. Ralph didn't make it either, so...

------------------------------------

Well, I guess folks can be happy for small mercies, eh?
    Last edited by TobiasMan; 07-03-2010 at 05:32 PM.

Ralph can't type anyway...except with the end of his nose...his comments would have taken forever. Talk about your basic "hunt-n-peck".

Yikes!

Brian H Guest

Default Missed Roy also

It was unfortunate that I only had to work 2nd shift one day this month. Wouldn't you know it was the night Roy was in the chat room. I will be looking forward to seeing him appear again in the future. Now if I could just get the Ask Roy forum to work..... OhHmmm.
    Brian H.

Elmeaux:

Thank you for the re-cap. Hope to participate in the next event, sounds like fun.

Greg

This post refers to the previous chat with Roy, back in July. You guys missed that one AND tonight's.