Quote Originally Posted by kenkarle View Post
Neeraj,

Said you use Carvin amps, but didn't say you liked them. Unlike Carvin instruments, I have not heard any good word about Carvin amplification. Would you please offer your opinion?
I love my Carvin amps, I dont know about older ones, so cant compare. In the past I had an Ampeg Svt-pro 6. But this was way too powerful, great for gigs, but at home, it used to kill the fuse, so needed an adapter, it was 1100W. I sold it & bought Carvin XB500 & XB1500.

The BX500 I use at home, and I am very satisfied with it, the tone is incredible, and I can make so many variations, its great. I have it at 4ohms (500W), and connected through an BRX 10.2 Neo cabinet. Lovely for homeuse, I got my music-room with good isolation, so is perfect. I dont play too loud anyhow, but option is there

The BX1500 I also use with 4ohms connected to a BRX 10.4 Neo, which gives me 450W x2, but if bridged (which I havent tried) gives me 1500W. I am very satisfied, its almost as if they made the Carvin basses & amps to go hand in hand Have used this one for gigs too and its great, ppl have given me positive feedback.