Thread: Howdy!

Tucson, AZ- Avatar on the Continental Divide adjacent to the Acoma Pueblo Res

Default Howdy!

Greetings Thunder Row Community,

Please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Ken. I am 57 years of age. For a couple years far in the past, I was a piano performance major at the University of Iowa School of Music. Prior to that, I was employed as a piano technician supervisor for Helpinstill Designs. (You know…those electronic acoustic piano pickups that Elton John began using rather than a miked piano..?)

Wow! My wife just saw him perform here in Tucson last week and according to her…still Wow!

Anywho without going into my entire life’s history, I was introduced to a Rickenbacker bass way back then and found it most relaxing and enjoyable. Didn’t pursue bass playing, because keyboards already had a firm grip on my psyche.
    I now find myself disabled with Lupus and away from those keyboards for far too long to redevelop previous technical abilities. Yet I still need active involvement with a musical instrument and the need to recapture that previous relaxed and enjoyable bass experience.

So here I am with Roy’s course, and so far it’s been great!

By the way, I still have one of those awesome sounding Rickenbacker things; however, my cheap Ibanez is much easier for practicing. I’m looking to purchase a Carvin SB5000 with Swamp Ash body. Comments from anyone about that (particularly the Swamp Ash body) would be appreciated?
    Ken

Smile Welcome Ken!!!

Hey Ken, welcome to Thunder Row and TMBG. Also a welcome goes out to you from the "Old Timers Club" of which you, me and several other Thunder Row Members and TMBG Students are members of. I think you will find the atmosphere here very pleasant as everyone in this forum are great people. Again, welcome to the club!!!
    Always remember to enjoy where you're at on the way to where you're going!!!

Tucson, AZ- Avatar on the Continental Divide adjacent to the Acoma Pueblo Res

Default Always remember to enjoy where you're at on the way to where you're going!!!

Great Advice! Thanks!