Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gig Video from 1/28

Default Gig Video from 1/28

Hi, All;

Been so busy with work and life in general that I haven't had much time to spend on Thunder Row. I did want to pop in and post a video (Evil Ways by Santana) from our gig on Saturday night.

I'm having a ton of fun playing in a band...all possible because of TMBG!

Regards,
    Brian
    EBMM Dargie II Bongo, Carvin Brian Bromberg B24, Carvin LB76, Fender MIJ mid-80s P Bass, '75 Gibson Ripper Fretless
    Genz Benz NEOX400, Genz Benz NEO-112T

FANTASTIC, Brian! Nice Bongo!

My only regret is that we don't get to see the faces of you and the guitar player. Were you singing at all? Backup vocals?

- low life -

Thanks, Elmeaux!

LOL...we had set the video camera on a table next to the stage and thought we had it angled enough to record at chest-and-above level, not crotch-cam. :-) Oops! We're going to try again at the next gig on 2/11.

Yeah, I've been singing backup vocals. I'm working on lead vocals on a couple songs that we're going to roll out in March. I don't know what it is, but I find it harder than heck to sing and play bass; never ahd that trouble with the guitar.

The Bongo is awesome; it's my go to bass for gigs. It's green, but did you notice how the color flip flops to a red under the lights? My wife pointed that out to me; I never realized it.

Regards,
    Brian
    EBMM Dargie II Bongo, Carvin Brian Bromberg B24, Carvin LB76, Fender MIJ mid-80s P Bass, '75 Gibson Ripper Fretless
    Genz Benz NEOX400, Genz Benz NEO-112T

go head!!!!! come on, come on, let me show you where it's at!!!!! The name of the place, is i like it like that!!!

Line6bassman

You know I had to do it????
    Last edited by line6bassman; 01-30-2012 at 03:02 PM.
    GO LOW!!!STAY HIGH!!!ON BASS THAT IS!!!

Thanks for posting this. It gives me something to aspire to. Although, I'd prefer it if it wasn't, as you say, crotch cam. As for the green/red shift - that's very odd. What about the guitar and the various clothes with red and green? Are they colored correctly?

It has always been easier for me to sing when playing rhythm guitar. I think it is because the chording process is relatively straightforward and follows the melody or harmony, while the bass line is often a counterpoint to the melody and the timing, specifically when related to the drummer's groove, can be somewhat different than that of the words.

I find I can play the bass line fine, but can't keep track of the melody!!!!?????

You guys sounded awesome, Brian! Loved the energy!

Way to go Brian.Thanks for the video .great job looks like yal are having fun. AS long as people are willing to play . rock and roll will live forever Long Live ROCK and .ROLL.
    Let's Play Bass!

I LIKE LIKE IT LIKE THAT . and THE SUGAR.SHACK. MY MY THE THINGS THAT WENT ON AT THE SUGAR SHACK
    Let's Play Bass!

Great job. It was an interesting directorial choice to highlight your right hand, but you creative types...
    Well done! Look forward to future postings!