Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Article: The Most Important Songs for Bassists to Learn

Default Article: The Most Important Songs for Bassists to Learn

- low life -

and that's just for starters? Haha. Have started on the Motown-Staxx section already so, ohhh, in another 50 years I will be moving on to Led Zep and the Who!

Thanks for this article. It is a great way to look at the question of "which songs".

Great advice - thanks Lane!

The entire BEATLE Catalog????? ARE YOU NUTS! They had some good songs....but they made some CRAP also. I can see learning the top ones from them, but not all of them. Sheeesh Lane, you are brutal!

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto View Post
    The entire BEATLE Catalog????? ARE YOU NUTS! They had some good songs....but they made some CRAP also. I can see learning the top ones from them, but not all of them. Sheeesh Lane, you are brutal!

Well, he DID say you could skip Act Naturally and Yellow Submarine...

- low life -

LOL! I am just not a big beatles fan. I get how important they are to rock and roll, and how Sir Paul is a great bass player, I just have heard them since I was a little kid over and over. I was the last of the baby boomers so I guess I just want to learn other stuff.... but I give up, Pick 5 top beatle songs? What 5 would you learn?
    Nothing like a Great Bottom end!

7. Default

Thanks, Lane. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I didn't realize it before, but this is exactly the discussion I was looking for. Got an email yesterday from a drummer I met last summer who wants to get together. Gonna run this list by him and see what we have in common interests. Excellent ideas!
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto View Post
    LOL! I am just not a big beatles fan. I get how important they are to rock and roll, and how Sir Paul is a great bass player, I just have heard them since I was a little kid over and over. I was the last of the baby boomers so I guess I just want to learn other stuff.... but I give up, Pick 5 top beatle songs? What 5 would you learn?
    I think there are some 210 or so to choose from...so the 5 I would learn would be...

Twist and Shout
    Hey Jude
    Ob-La-Di-Ob-La-Da
    What Goes On
    Long and Winding Road

- low life -

I've been a Beatle fan for a long time. Followed McCartney's solo career as well, and that's who eventually attracted me to bass. I can digest the entire Beatle catalog except for Revolution 9. Do a lot on guitar. I'm still new to TMBG, but already adopted "Day Tripper" and "Come Together" to bass. Lots of fun I tell you!

10. Default Beatles Complete Scores

The kids got me this amazing book of complete Beatles scores for Christmas. http://www.amazon.com/Beatles-Comple...8729723&sr=8-1 Bass parts are written as they were recorded on the albums. Fun stuff!
    Mark