Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Article: Teach Me ???

Default Article: Teach Me...

- low life -

T.m g.t.teach me to be a guitar technician . Save me money doing what i love.what makes it work, and how to fix it.

Nice Donnie!

I would like that also. When to adjust the truss and when not to.... To truss or not to truss that is the question! Strings height electronics cleaning neck fit....wow so many topics!
    Nothing like a Great Bottom end!

Make sure to email your responses! Prizes would only come from emailed (tracked) suggestions!

BTW...Good suggestion, Donnie.
    Last edited by Elmeaux; 02-15-2012 at 08:12 PM.

Donnie,

There's a "Guitar Setup and Maintenance" course available from the following link: http://www.learnandmaster.com/spotli...r-maintenance/
    It doesn't cover bass guitar, but the principles apply to bass as well. If the TLD Team doesn't go with your idea, it's something worth considering. You can get the setup numbers from your bass manual.

This is a bit hard to get a handle on without knowing the background and strengths of "thelearningdock". When I look at thelearningdock.com, all I see is TMBG. I presume that thelearningdock is a fairly small number of people. What resources can they call on? It would obviously be best to build on existing strengths, but what do they do other than TMBG? What are their strengths?

You mentioned Woodworking as an example of a subject for a TMWoodworking course. There are a ton of books and videos about various aspects of woodworking and there are many schools that teach woodworking. That would be a very difficult area to break into without some big name instructor(s). I know it was just used as an example, but ...

I'll give some thought to what courses might be interesting, but other than experience with putting TMBG together (which is a wonderful accomplishment), what does thelearningdock's resume look like?

Hi, Art. Good questions. I think they can best be answered if you go to the About Us tab on www.teachmebassguitar.com. As you will see, in addition to TMBG, we produced Learn & Master Guitar, Learn & Master Piano, Learn & Master Drums, and Learn & Master Dance for Legacy Learning Systems. Shoot us a note if there's anything else you'd like to know - and we don't mind a bit of competition; we're determined to give whatever we do that special "Learning Dock" stamp that sets it apart and above other products on the market. The better the competition, the higher we aim! Thanks again!
    David

That's helpful, David. Thanks. I'm sure I've seen that page before, but it wasn't an obvious place to look so I didn't see it today...

Music Theory and ear training all wrapped up in one

TMMT - Teach Me Music Theory would be a natural stepping stone for TMBG students, and greatly enhance the original course. Read, write, and perform any style of music. From scales, intervals, and tempos to chord progressions, phrasing, harmonizing, and arranging with comprehensive chord charts and music dictionary. Cover basic song writing. Include musical examples of the taught concepts, and you’ve got a sure hit. OK, I'll send the email.