Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Article: My Carvin Custom Bass - Part One

Default Article: My Carvin Custom Bass - Part One

Excellent work!! Thanks for the contribution!!

...and she's a beauty, BTW!!

Great article, Basslad. I'm looking at the same model. I'm hoping that I can order one in the May/June time frame so I get delivery by late July for my birthday. I think that it should go real well with the Carvin MB210 Bass Amp. that Santa dropped down my chimney last Christmas. Right now I'm making do with a black Yamaha RBX260 (I call it Darth Novicus). Not a bad beginner bass for the money. IIRC, it only cost a couple of c-notes, but I can't wait to upgrade.

Are you getting the P series electronics with the piezo bridge pickup?

Oh Yes... DaveB, absolutely. It's a $100.00 option, but well worth it.
    Last edited by Basslad; 03-13-2012 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Basslad View Post
    Oh Yes... DaveB, absolutely. It's a $100.00 option, but well worth it.
    Sweet! If I get one it will probably be very similar to yours. For the color, I was thinking maybe the deep dragonburst, the deep blue, or the deep black. So many options. At least I have plenty of time to think about it.

Great article, basslad! I can't wait to read your review when you actually get your hands on it! (I can almost hear Keep It Simple Blues now!)
    Well done!
    Ed.

7. Default

You read like a writer to me! Looking forward to Part II!

Carvin expects my order to be completed on 05/22/12. Gotta wait until the end of Maaay! A bit longer than I anticipated, but apparently patience is a virtue.

That's definitively one fine piece of wood there!! Are you getting the red quilted maple like that are is it just like that?
    The only problem with it is and has nothing to do with you are the bass, and I hate to reminisce about this again but I don't know why OK
    yes I do, every time I see quilted maple it makes me sad. It just reminds me of my friend Jimmy Foster who passed away awhile back ago
    who showed me how he took a block of maple wood that looked like nothing to begin with and how it looked at the final finished piece
    on a 7 string guitar. Jimmy Foster sold more 7 strings guitars than anyone else in the WORLD!!! He sold me all my beginning Bass guitar
    equipment when I started playing bass back in the early 80's at his music store FOSTER'S MUSIC. Also my first 5 string bass was a Carvin in Tobacco Sunburst which I put my first set of Gold Plate stings on!! Sorry about the rambling.
    That's one fine Bass your getting there!!!

Line6bassman

PS. Again, Rest in peace my friend, you will always be remembered when I see a quilted maple instrument!!
    http://www.fosterguitars.com/
    GO LOW!!!STAY HIGH!!!ON BASS THAT IS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by line6bassman View Post
    That's definitively one fine piece of wood there!! Are you getting the red quilted maple like that are is it just like that?
    The only problem with it is and has nothing to do with you are the bass, and I hate to reminisce about this again but I don't know why OK
    yes I do, every time I see quilted maple it makes me sad. It just reminds me of my friend Jimmy Foster who passed away awhile back ago
    who showed me how he took a block of maple wood that looked like nothing to begin with and how it looked at the final finished piece
    on a 7 string guitar. Jimmy Foster sold more 7 strings guitars than anyone else in the WORLD!!! He sold me all my beginning Bass guitar
    equipment when I started playing bass back in the early 80's at his music store FOSTER'S MUSIC. Also my first 5 string bass was a Carvin in Tobacco Sunburst which I put my first set of Gold Plate stings on!! Sorry about the rambling.
    That's one fine Bass your getting there!!!

Line6bassman

PS. Again, Rest in peace my friend, you will always be remembered when I see a quilted maple instrument!!
    http://www.fosterguitars.com/
    It's always sad when people go away before their time. A good Friend of mine just passed away last Friday,...only 59 years old.

No my Friend, I posted that pic to spice up the article. I was afraid it might mislead readers even though I included the order specs in the article. I'm getting Classic Sunburst Flame, always favoured that on guitars. Rambling wholeheartedly accepted.
    Last edited by Basslad; 03-22-2012 at 04:29 PM.