Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Help Thread

Lane on Bass Guest

Default The Help Thread

Greetings! If you're having trouble with the forum and need help resolving the issue, this is the thread to use.

Please do NOT post inappropriate material here, as it will just muddy the waters, and run the risk that your post doesn't get the attention it deserves.

BUT!

If you need help, ask your question here.

2. Default New forum, how to reply, etc. and et al. :)

Hello,

It's nice to be here, and it all looks great.

I realize there's been a lot of input into all of this ramp-up, Kudos to you Roy, and family of folks behind it.

I would not presume to give you bass advice, however, this following might assist in being a Forum admin. Me, I've been "doing" ISP Online service provider "stuff" since circa '95... and when recently read this "roll-up" book, or summary of what it's all about (what I call it):

I thought 1) I could'a written it, and years ago :) 2) What a great summary, and 3) it passes my test of having to "grab me" in it's first 50pp, great if you're OCD :), or ADD :).

This is a great, at least the first 50pp/Part One of book, summary that anyone, including my self found as a good reminder regarding Online Communities (which this is) and the Group Formation that needs to occur, and be kept open to reoccur for all the new folks coming in:

ISBN: 978-07879-8825-8 Building Online Learning Communities, by Palloff & Pratt (found at amazon.com).

I'm sure Roy, as a teacher (if online then/now?) has his own thoughts on this... but just in case a friendly "fyi".

Good luck and highest regards,
    ustaknow

PS: There are a number of other forums, googlegroups, .coms, who even transferred over to "Online" that lost their "luster" due to old men/women with shallow dept/scope of Netiquette, and of course suffer diminished active meaningful membership aside from a very select few who remain. --This little ditty, could avoid that, or cause, positively the reverse.

As I've always said, and the only one I'm aware of that considers this proactively: "online communication, is not written or spoken, it's assembled via small data chunks (written as spoken), asynchronously, over time in the end users head" ("me" '10 :). --Therefore, be careful to the degree you would consider offense/kudos to have an effect --the greatest online community killer of all, intellectual, cognitive offense --think, then hit that enter/submit key :).

Lane on Bass Guest

Thanks very much for the reference. I'll have to check that out.

And welcome to Thunder Row!

Lane on Bass Guest

UPDATE

I just went through and checked all member accounts to make sure everyone was listed as they should be. So, all TMBG owners should now be able to see the Ask Roy sub-forum. If you are a TMBG student and can't see that forum, send me an email and I will investigate.

I apologize for any inconvenience. While I have moderated forums in the past, this is the first time I've had to administer one, and I'm still a brand newbie. I appreciate your patience!

Hi, I don't appear to be able to see the 'Ask Roy' forum. Can you help? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hutton View Post
    Hi, I don't appear to be able to see the 'Ask Roy' forum. Can you help? Thanks.
    I'll give Ed a heads-up on this one since for some weird reason I'm not able to do this myself.
    Fender 2012 American Standard Precision Bass (Left-handed)
    Fender '59 Bassman LTD.

Default My Apologies, Hutton

You're good to go now. Enjoy!
    Ed.

Quote Originally Posted by TLDTR View Post
    You're good to go now. Enjoy!
    Ed.
    What a service! Many Thanks.

Default i am having trouble too

Quote Originally Posted by Lane on Bass View Post
    UPDATE

I just went through and checked all member accounts to make sure everyone was listed as they should be. So, all TMBG owners should now be able to see the Ask Roy sub-forum. If you are a TMBG student and can't see that forum, send me an email and I will investigate.

I apologize for any inconvenience. While I have moderated forums in the past, this is the first time I've had to administer one, and I'm still a brand newbie. I appreciate your patience!
    I just entered my code, but dont see the 'ask roy' forum.

Default You're Good to Go

Hi, DC1, you're all approved and ready to go now.
    Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Ed.