Thread: Bass For Believers!

Default Bass For Believers!

Everybody here knows that TMBG is the best self-paced bass instruction program in the world, but there are also some interesting instructional series out there that focus on specific types of bass playing. I was surfing about on the interweb and found this one.

I know we have a lot of members here who play for (or want to play for) worship bands.

This course has Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced packages and says it can teach you the most effective ways to put your bass to use in a worship band.

Check it out here!

http://www.musicademy.com/musicademy...rs-boxset.html

- low life -

I've been signed onto Musicademy for some time now. Some great information and very interesting, and stimulating/challenging blogs.

Did you find them just by a search? Good stuff!

Thanks for posting this topic.

I basically started playing bass because our worship team needed a bass player. I am working on TMBG, but this might help add to my skills.

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasMan View Post
    I've been signed onto Musicademy for some time now. Some great information and very interesting, and stimulating/challenging blogs.

Did you find them just by a search? Good stuff!
    I don't even remember what I was looking for - just bass related stuff. When it came up, it held my eye because I know we have a lot of worship players (or enthusiasts) here.

Every bass related thing I find online goes through one single filter question:

Would members of Thunder Row find this interesting?

...and...voila!!

- low life -

Yer a wonder, Elmeaux!

Keep it up!

The musicademy worship series is good, but it's more of a primer for the praise band musician, rather than a complete how-to. Little bit of gospel, little bit of 4/4 rock, little bit of scales, little bit of how to fit in with the rest of the band and not lose sight of the praise band's purpose.

TMBG is a soup-to-nuts learning experience. There's nothing else like it that I've seen. I'd still like to see TMLG, too.
    "Everybody got to elevate from the norm!"

Sparkly Blue Sterling by MusicMan with TI Jazz Flats
    30" Shell Pink Jaz-O-Lounger with Rotosound Tapewounds
    Genz Benz Shuttle 3.0 Head
    Gallien Krueger 112 Neo II Cab