Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The P&W (Praise & Worship) Team Bass Players Hot Line?'S

For a second there I thought you were going to turn into an octopus, L6B. That 9 string Alvarez is actually a semi-12-stringer, isn't it? Never seen one of those. By the way, that gorgeous Rickenbacker is bigger than me for sure.
    Last edited by Basslad; 07-23-2012 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Basslad View Post
    That 9 string Alvarez is actually a semi-12-stringer, isn't it? Never seen one of those.
    Yes I guess you could call it a semi-12 string. Been having this guitar since their creation some where in the early 80's
    I believe but it sure seems like longer that that. Also it's the one guitar I'll never depart with, I love it!! It sounds like a 12 string and a regular Acoustic at once and you can pick bass notes very interesting sound. OH, by the way the picture
    of that 9 string is not mine, mine is in more wonderful shape!! One more thing since were talking about guitars, I also
    own a Line6 Electric Guitar and love that also. If your interested and you haven't seen it in action yet you can check out the link below of our little side band at a practice having a good time, it was recorded with my camera so sound mix etc is not that great but you sure can hear the guitar. And speaking of the band, we should be getting back to practice
    shortly for practice for an up coming neighborhood grammar school reunion planned in the upcoming months!! We will also have a keyboard player and another guitarist etc that couldn't be at this practice in the video.
    Which I'm sure we will film and you can see the LB6 become here a singing vocal brave also!! Plus playing bass!! More
    on this gathering later in another place on TR!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-dZ2EZxwNs&feature=plcp

Line6bassman
    GO LOW!!!STAY HIGH!!!ON BASS THAT IS!!!

I love that song!!! The singer's audio seems shot - I can't hear it, but the music is still worth listening to!!

- low life -

Quote Originally Posted by Elmeaux View Post
    I love that song!!! The singer's audio seems shot - I can't hear it, but the music is still worth listening to!!
    Yep, that's why I don't do videos around here don't have anything nice enough yet. Maybe one day soon.

I'm not familiar with Line6 Electric Guitar models, but this one sounds good to me. Looking forward to a video from the upcoming gathering.

Doesn't the neck get twisted on that 9-string? Lots of tension on only one side ...

So my church has a schism brewing: there's a group putting together a p&w evening service, but the current p&w team is NOT invited. It's not even being run by our p&w leader - it's being organized by a woman who quit our team because she didn't get along with her. I've been asked to play electric guitar with the new team. It won't take away from my playing on Sunday morning (the new service is once a month) but I feel kind of weird about it. I know I mentioned previously how our team is a little screwed up, but it's kind of bizarre that this gal is doing an end-around, apparently with our pastor's consent. I probably should feel flattered they asked me to join.
    "Everybody got to elevate from the norm!"

Sparkly Blue Sterling by MusicMan with TI Jazz Flats
    30" Shell Pink Jaz-O-Lounger with Rotosound Tapewounds
    Genz Benz Shuttle 3.0 Head
    Gallien Krueger 112 Neo II Cab

Quote Originally Posted by slejhamer View Post
    Doesn't the neck get twisted on that 9-string? Lots of tension on only one side ...

So my church has a schism brewing: there's a group putting together a p&w evening service, but the current p&w team is NOT invited. It's not even being run by our p&w leader - it's being organized by a woman who quit our team because she didn't get along with her. I've been asked to play electric guitar with the new team. It won't take away from my playing on Sunday morning (the new service is once a month) but I feel kind of weird about it. I know I mentioned previously how our team is a little screwed up, but it's kind of bizarre that this gal is doing an end-around, apparently with our pastor's consent. I probably should feel flattered they asked me to join.
    I have some strong beliefs on one of these issues that I wouldn't even start on here, maybe I'll email you if I get a minute on that?
    But one thing I will say here is, SHAME SHAME on a person who would QUIT for not getting along with someone. If that was the case
    for me I'd have been an gone pecan a long time ago almost 40 years ago, NAAA AIN'T HAPPNIN. But then again I'm a team player who talks it out and works it out!! Then again maybe it's best that she's not on the team. And on the other issue of the other team that
    she's on, listen to your heart awhile before making a move and I think you'll come up with the right move.

Line6bassman

Quote Originally Posted by line6bassman View Post
    I have some strong beliefs on one of these issues that I wouldn't even start on here, maybe I'll email you if I get a minute on that?
    But one thing I will say here is, SHAME SHAME on a person who would QUIT for not getting along with someone. If that was the case
    for me I'd have been an gone pecan a long time ago almost 40 years ago, NAAA AIN'T HAPPNIN. But then again I'm a team player who talks it out and works it out!! Then again maybe it's best that she's not on the team. And on the other issue of the other team that
    she's on, listen to your heart awhile before making a move and I think you'll come up with the right move.

Line6bassman

Thanks L6man. I've been debating it internally for some time, and there are pros and cons, as always. Probably more pros than cons. Would I be bothered by this if i wasn't personal friends with the current worship leader? Possibly not. So is that friendship in the way of what might ultimately be better for the church? Maybe ...

Well, I intend to ask the senior pastor about it if I bump into him this weekend. The new thing doesn't start until September anyway, so there's time to work it out. It's just been on my mind, as the assistant pastor (who will also be on the team) has asked me for song ideas. But he's new to our church, and I don't think he has grasped the politics involved.

That's a tricky situation there slejhammer. I, too have some issues with folks who quit and then start up and "opposing" team. In any number of churches there may be two or more teams. Sometimes one is the "feeder/learning" team to the main one and sometimes they just cater to different segments of the church.

IMHO, the Christian thing would be to have seriously made the attempt to work out the differences and I really don't like to hear about these kinds of splits.

You'll also have to consider what choosing to play with both sides will do to your relationship with the current worship leader and perhaps with your friends in the church.

I have played bass in two different bands for several years (finally stopped because the "roadie" effort was just getting to be too much), but they were in different churches, so no "choice/sides" issues there. For several years the youth pastor here had a youth band going that played about once a month and served as a training ground for a number of our young folks. They had no bass player so I helped out there as well, but that was a quite different set of circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasMan View Post
    You'll also have to consider what choosing to play with both sides will do to your relationship with the current worship leader and perhaps with your friends in the church.
    Yep, that's definitely a consideration. I will speak with the current team leader when she returns from vacation. I am also pushing the new folks to incorporate more of the current team. We'll see how that goes...