+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: What Songs Are You Working On?

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto View Post
    What ever happened with the TAB a song section? you know, where we were going to help eachother learn songs?

If I write out the notes I have for a song, will I (or this site) be breaking copywright law?

Just wondering?

I don't remember it. Was it a forum section? Maybe it was one of those areas lost during an upgrade. I know we've had a few of those.

- low life -

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto View Post
    If I write out the notes I have for a song, will I (or this site) be breaking copywright law?

Just wondering?
    Good question, Ditto.

David, any idea?

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Elmeaux View Post
    I don't remember it. Was it a forum section? Maybe it was one of those areas lost during an upgrade. I know we've had a few of those.
    Actually I started that in the tips and tricks section with a Stanley Clarke song and we didn't know if that was a good section to do it in are if we could even do tabs around here, so actually I don't think we ever got to the bottom of that one yet? But that's the section where the tabs started are thought of it. I think its still in the section.
    GO LOW!!!STAY HIGH!!!ON BASS THAT IS!!!

To the best of my knowledge, you can map out tabs to any song and title them as "my interpretation" of the song. Include no lyrics... just put first verse, chorus, bridge, break, etc.

- low life -

Betcha if we started a special section for tabs only around here that section would be widely used and we would find out pretty fast if its OK to do? WELL?????????????

Line6bassmanTR
    GO LOW!!!STAY HIGH!!!ON BASS THAT IS!!!

Default What Songs Are You Working On?

Sounds awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, we never set it up. As I recall we were just talking about it and it was under review with legal?

So lets get it going.
    Nothing like a Great Bottom end!

When I finished the TMBG course a couple of years ago I was looking for some way to stay motivated to keep playing/practicing and came up the idea of a monthly "Guitar Challenge" with an old Elementary School buddy of mine that I reconnected with on Facebook a while back. At the start of each year, you send the other person a list of 12 songs you want to learn that year. Each month, the other person picks a song for you to learn from that list. You have to learn the song and post a video or audio recording of you performing it on the other person's FB page before the end of that month. You can learn as many parts to the song as you want - not just bass. It started out with each of us sitting in front of a camera and playing along with a song, and has evolved into multi-track recordings on Pro Tools. He has since formed a band and is gigging out in Vancouver. As of this December, we will each have 24 songs under our belt. Nothing provides more motivation to learn a song than having a deadline and knowing that, if you don't learn it, you'll be posting a video or audio recording of you playing the song badly. It has been a blast. This month I had to learn the bass line to Rush's "Red Barchetta" and was able to use one of the equalizer plug-ins on ProTools to pull out much of the original bass line for the song and insert my track - you can listen to that here if you want: https://soundcloud.com/ken-tugby/red-barchetta-bass I guess my point is that if you have someone or something that holds you accountable, it can make a big difference.
    Last edited by KGT; 11-09-2014 at 01:16 AM.

Finished the TMBG course? WOW!! At least now I know it can be done. Well done KGT!!!

+ Reply to Thread