Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: manual chapter 16 page 6 ?

Default manual chapter 16 page 6 ?

I'm going through the PDF manual and I noticed that page 6 of chapter 16 is the exact same page as page 6 of chapter 15 ! (even the header says "DVD 9 Lesson 15 : Henry Ford")

I'm guessing this is an error ?
    Fender 2012 American Standard Precision Bass (Left-handed)
    Fender '59 Bassman LTD.

Default manual chapter 16 page 6 ?

Hi Patrick,

You are correct about the header. Both of mine also say DVD 9, Lesson 15. My page 6 on the lessons are different tho. Chapt. 15, pg. 6 has pictures of Roy, Salleri, & Mozart as well as Ashley. Chapter 16, page 6 is all Ashley. Anyone else?

I received my TMBG just a couple of weeks ago.

John

Default Thanks for the Note!

In any course the size of TMBG there are going to be some errors - despite the months we spent reviewing/testing, etc. - and we count on our users to point them out so we can correct them, which we will do. A new .pdf of the book will be posted this month (September), so if you find any other errors/irregularities in the immediate future, let us know!
    Thanks,
    Ed.

Quote Originally Posted by jthomas353 View Post
    Hi Patrick,

You are correct about the header. Both of mine also say DVD 9, Lesson 15. My page 6 on the lessons are different tho. Chapt. 15, pg. 6 has pictures of Roy, Salleri, & Mozart as well as Ashley. Chapter 16, page 6 is all Ashley. Anyone else?
    John
    Hmm, I think I was confused. I would swear that both pages were exact the same (Ashley with a boat at the background) but after looking again, only the header seems to be wrong.
    Fender '59 Bassman LTD.

Quote Originally Posted by TLDTR View Post
    In any course the size of TMBG there are going to be some errors - despite the months we spent reviewing/testing, etc. - and we count on our users to point them out so we can correct them, which we will do. A new .pdf of the book will be posted this month (September), so if you find any other errors/irregularities in the immediate future, let us know!
    Thanks,
    Ed.
    n/p

I found another one :Chapter 15 page 2 (header is Lesson 13)

when I have some more time (maybe tomorrow) I'll have a closer look at the entire book.
    Fender '59 Bassman LTD.

I had a quick look through the book (the headers only) and here are the ones I've found :

DVD 1 Lesson 2 page 8 (says lesson 1)
    DVD 2 Lesson 4 page 7 (says lesson 3)
    DVD 5 Lesson 9 page 3 (says lesson 8)
    DVD 9 Lesson 15 page 2 (says DVD 8 lesson 13)
    DVD 9 Lesson 16 page 6 (says lesson 15)

Then there is some cosmetics

CHAPTER 20 color is dark gray on black (not good readable).

Finally, and this is just a thought,
    Did you think of adding some kind of Index to the book ? so it might be easier to find certain subjects (I guess more important if you use the book to look-up and not together with the DVD lessons).
    But that's just a thought.
    Fender '59 Bassman LTD.

Default Just a thought!!!

A new .pdf of the book will be posted this month (September), so if you find any other errors/irregularities in the immediate future, let us know!
    Thanks,
    Ed.
    Ed, would it be possible to include an index of the updates (changes) with the new .pdf of the book? If so, this would help those that purchased the hard copy of the book to keep the hard copy current also. Printing only the pages that need to be updated and inserting them into the hard copy.
    Always remember to enjoy where you're at on the way to where you're going!!!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFlame46 View Post
    Ed, would it be possible to include an index of the updates (changes) with the new .pdf of the book? If so, this would help those that purchased the hard copy of the book to keep the hard copy current also. Printing only the pages that need to be updated and inserting them into the hard copy.
    I second that motion.

Thanks for your hard work

Default A World of Editors!

You guys are our editors, and we're so grateful, not only that you're so observant, but that you care. The result will be that TMBG will get better and better. We will, of course, follow your suggestions. Don't worry, nothing can possibly go worng!
    Thanks!
    Ed.

YDon't worry, nothing can possibly go wrong!
    Ah, Famous last words

I once "heard" someone say : "You cannot make something "idiot proof" because once you do, the world will create a better idiot".

but I have NO IDEA why that should apply here (maybe it's time to get some sleep )
    Fender '59 Bassman LTD.